's Forum Archives - Triathlons

Archive Home >> Triathlons

do I need a license to race tri's and du's???(4 posts)

do I need a license to race tri's and du's???wheelsucker
Jun 17, 2003 3:29 AM
just wondering how registration for races works and if I need
a license or not. If I do need a license can someone please provide
the link. thanks
Jun 17, 2003 4:02 AM
No licensing required. In these parts, most races have pre-registration which charges X dollars if application in received before a certain date. Post-registration typically occurs raceday (or maybe the evening before) for X + Y dollars (slots permitting).
re: do I need a license to race tri's and du's???mtuck
Jun 17, 2003 7:46 AM
It depends on who's putting on the event and if it is a USAT (USA Triathlon) sanctioned event or not. Check with the race promoters. It should say on their website or in the registraion packet. If it is a USAT sanctioned event then you will need to obtain either a one year membership ($30.00) or you can purchase a one day membership ($9.00).

Check out for more info. If you sign up for the one year membership with USAT they give you a $25.00 gift certificate for plus you get an ongoing 10% discount from Sports Basement. The license is required by USAT to cover insurance.

I'm not sure about duo's.
Jun 17, 2003 8:53 AM
probably should've mentioned the USAT requirement. I ommited becuase the 1-day membership is usually available a part of registration.