RoadBikeReview.com's Forum Archives - Retro - Classic Bikes

Archive Home >> Retro - Classic Bikes

wow-checkout this auction!(3 posts)

wow-checkout this auction!JS Haiku Shop
Apr 23, 2003 7:24 AM
1982 PARAMOUNT ELITE FRAMESET - CHROME LUGS

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=22681&item=3604507558

note: J is not affiliated with the buyer, but damn this is a fine lookin' bike with interesting history!

-J
Interesting that it has so much history ...Humma Hah
Apr 24, 2003 2:42 PM
To know that the original owner was a Schwinn, and that it is the last of its kind, is kinda special.

I'm happier with the one I scored, though. Better fit, I wanted one of a vintage I lusted after in the early 70's, and my chrome ain't peeling!

Peeling chrome on a Schwinn!?? Unheard of when Kaptain Kangaroo was running things!
What Richard Schwinn says about the chrome ...Humma Hah
Apr 29, 2003 6:37 AM
I believe they'd shut down Schwinn's old chromer by then, so you may have a good point.

Richard

Ligon, Tom wrote:

>I notice one of your ol 'Mounts is for sale on e-bay! Neat - last of its kind.
>
>Mine has better chrome, tho! ;-)

I note the auction closed at about $525 with the reserve not yet met. I'm a bit surprised.