|USCF Helmets||skip work to ride|
Jul 1, 2003 8:28 AM
|Can anyone point to a list of approved and unapproved helmets for 2003 from the USCF?
Catlike was and I am being told is not? Lazer has yet to be? I can not find a list stating what is and is not.
|Just walk into a bike shop, and ask.........nm||MR_GRUMPY|
Jul 1, 2003 10:02 AM
|rules and stickers||DougSloan|
Jul 1, 2003 10:18 AM
|Here are the rules; look for appropriate stickers on the helmets; CPSC is the main authority for approval in the US now; ANSI is an old standard.
Section 1. Helmets Mandatory.
Part 1. At all times when participating in or preparing for an event held
under a USA Cycling permit, including club rides, motorcycle drivers and
all motorcycle passengers shall wear a securely fastened helmet that
meets the US DOT motorcycle helmet standard.
Part 2. At all times when participating in or preparing for an event held
under a USA Cycling permit, including club rides, all licensees who are
mounted on a bicycle shall wear a securely fastened helmet that meets
either the US DOT helmet standards or one of the following standards:
(1) American National Standards Institute (ANSI) Standard Z90.4;
(2) Snell Memorial Foundation Standard "B" or "N" series;
(3) American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) standard F-1447.
(4) Canadian Standards Association (CSA) standard CAN/CSA-D113.2-
(5) U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) standard for
(6) As to NBL only, such standards as maybe determined by its Board of
Tr ustees to be in the best interest of its members from time to time.
Riders shall show documentary proof of this, such as a manufacturer's
label, upon request by event officials. Beginning January 1, 2010, only
the DOT and CPSC helmet standards will be recognized.