|Can I shave 3 in 3?||Aerow|
Aug 13, 2002 5:22 PM
|I have a time trial coming up in 4 weeks. I want to have a week of taper before the race. Therefore I have 3 weeks of real training left.
Here's the scoop. It's a very hilly 40k tt. I have my time down to 1:03, and I've been training hard. But my goal is to do it in under an hour.
I figure with tighter clothing, race day adrenalin and perhaps a caffeine loaded GU gel, I can shave a few seconds. But a few minutes!?!?!?!?!?!
Think I can do it? Any tips?
|have you tried this?||DougSloan|
Aug 14, 2002 5:33 AM
|I asked the same question 6 weeks ago||Pack Meat|
Aug 15, 2002 8:09 AM
|but I gave myself 6 weeks to train and gather the proper gear. I'll let you know the results of all the prep on Monday.
I've been looking for every second I can get without busting the bank. Here's some tips
- train really hard for the next 2 weeks, duh
- get the best aero wheels you can afford or borrow
- get the Lou Garneau Prolog helmet and visor, even if it isn't proven to be fast you feel fast when you wear it
- get more sleep and rest harder
- use a good protein/carb replacement drink for recovery, be careful some of the protein powders contain andro which is a prohibited substance.
- try the carnac shoe covers, same deal with the helmet
- lay off caffine for two weeks prior to the event, it'll give your central nervous system a break and will increase the effect of the caffinated gu.
- get a couple of massages during your taper week so that your legs are fresher and more recovered for the race.
All of this is probably old news but I hope it helps.