|"President" George W. Bush Resume'||AJS|
Dec 14, 2003 5:37 AM
- Changed pollution laws for power and oil companies and made Texas the most polluted state in the Union.
- Replaced Los Angeles with Houston as the most smog ridden city in America. Cut taxes and bankrupted the Texas government to the tune of billions in borrowed money.
- Set record for most executions by any Governor in American history.
- Became president after losing the popular vote by over 500,000 votes, with the help of my fathers appointments to the Supreme Court.
Accomplishments as president
- Attacked and took over two countries.
- Spent the surplus and bankrupted the treasury.
- Shattered record for biggest annual deficit in history.
- Set economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any 12 month period.
- Set all-time record for biggest drop in the history of the stock market.
- First president in decades to execute a federal prisoner.
- First president in US history to enter office with a criminal record.
- First year in office set the all-time record for most days on vacation by any president in US history.
- After taking the entire month of August off for vacation, presided over the worst security failure in US history.
- Set the record for most campaign fund-raising trips than any other president in US history.
- In my first two years in office over 2 million Americans lost their job.
- Cut unemployment benefits for more out of work Americans than any president in US history.
- Set the all-time record for most foreclosures in a 12 month period.
- Appointed more convicted criminals to administration positions than any president in US history.
- Set the record for the least amount of press conferences than any president since the advent of television.
- Signed more laws and executive orders amending the Constitution than any president in US history.
- Presided over the biggest energy crises in US history and refused to intervene when corruption was revealed.
- Presided over the highest gasoline prices in US history and refused to use the national reserves as past presidents have.
- Cut healthcare benefits for war veterans.
- Set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously take to the streets to protest me (15 million people), shattering the record for protest against any person in the history of mankind.
- Dissolved more international treaties than any president in US history.
- My presidency is the most secretive and un-accountable of any in US history.
- Members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in US history. (the 'poorest' multi-millionaire, Condoleeza Rice has an Exxon oil tanker named after her).
- Presided over the biggest corporate stock market fraud of any market in any country in the history of the world.
- First president in US history to order a pre-emptive US attack and military occupation of a sovereign nation.
- Set the all-time record for biggest annual budget spending increases, more than any president in US history.
- First president in US history to have the United Nations remove the US from the human rights commission.
- First president in US history to have the United Nations remove the US from the elections monitoring board.
- Removed more checks and balances, and have the least amount of congressional oversight than any presidential administration in US history.
-Rendered the entire United Nations irrelevant.
- Withdrew from the World Court of Law.
- Refused to allow inspectors access to US prisoners of war and by default no longer abide by the Geneva Conventions.
- First president in US history to refuse United Nations election inspectors (during the 2002 US elections).
- All-time US (and world) record holder for most corporate campaign donations.
- My biggest life-time campaign contributor presided over one of the largest corporate bankruptcy frauds in world history (Kenneth Lay, former CEO of Enron Corporation).
- First president in US history to unilaterally attack a sovereign nat
|AMEN MY BROTHA I SAY AMEN!!! FIRE HIS ASS!||CARBON110|
Dec 14, 2003 5:47 AM
|... and this pertains to cycling how? (nm)||OffTheBack|
Dec 14, 2003 5:59 AM
|they got Saddam||Woof the dog|
Dec 14, 2003 7:20 AM
|today they captured Saddam
thats quite amazing
|....he says on the Non-Cycling Discussion board - LOL. nm.||Sao|
Dec 14, 2003 11:33 AM
|I subsequently moved it - Moderator nm||DougSloan|
Dec 14, 2003 11:36 AM
|How it pertains to cycling||biketillyapuke|
Dec 14, 2003 7:25 AM
|Bush=big oil=extractive energy policy=Cheny saying that conservation is "personal virtue" not sound energy policy=no conservation=less mass transit=less carpooling=federal tax breaks for SUVs=more cars on the road=people working harder because of national debt to pay for policies and wars= sleepy drivers=greater dangers to cyclists
Conclusion: If you care about cycling safety, then vote out Bush
|Post political drivel on non-cycling board nm||Continental|
Dec 14, 2003 7:50 AM
|"AMEN MY BROTHA I SAY AMEN!!!"||AFrizzledFry|
Dec 14, 2003 7:59 AM
|keep this garbage off this forum.|
|you could always just, oh I don't know...||BCtriguy1|
Dec 14, 2003 9:37 AM
|not read it if you don't like it, maybe?|
|Political dribble too. nm||OldEdScott|
Dec 15, 2003 5:49 AM
|re: "President" George W. Bush Resume'||pedalfaster|
Dec 14, 2003 12:50 PM
|Regardless of your political views you sould be able to look at things in an objective manner. Based on the logic used here it is clear that you choose not to. Therefore, I will look at just a few of your comments (I would address more but i would rather go ride).
1. the election- in brief - the Florida state supreme court tried to alter elections laws (which were constitutional) the US supreme court ruled that this could not be done. You may not like the way the electorial college system works, however, much like the BCS system there is the possiblity of problems.
2.most executions by any Governor in American history- good for him, however, don't trials determine the punishments? Perhaps, he could issue stays on all executions (this is an option) or just pardon violent offenders and let them go free? I am sure Dru Sjodin's family would agree with that course of actions.
3. Attacked and took over two countries- Perhaps another cousre of action would be better. Dont respond to attackes and threats? Only attack targets when it is used to divert attention away from your own lapses in judgment
4. Now lets look at your numers on largest this/biggest that- perhaps you should look at thing as a percentage of total values not total numbers. For instance, the stock market crach of the great depression (DJ 381 down to 41 points losing 89.24 percent of its value) compaired to the recent losses (DJ all time high ~11700 down to ~7750 losing ~33.8% of it value). Additionally, you should remember that the DOW was below 10k before GW was in office and the election results finalised. Also we could look at the nasdaq which began its slide before the presidential ellection of 2000, so I guess it is obvious that in both cases Bush was responsible.
5. gasoline prices- yes the prices where historically high. However, perhaps you should look at the prices adjuisted for inlfation. When you do you will see that prices dropped durring the early 80's, leveled out in the mid 80's, and have stayed relatively constant since.
When you take a look at foreign policy it is clear that some work need to be done. A number of policies and actions have resulted in distancing the US from a number of "friendly" cointries and potential allies. However, to say that he was responsible for Rendered the entire United Nations irrelevant is laughable. Remember this is the same orginazition that that has allowed Syria and Angola to join the security council, has a number of countires on the UNHCR known for their stellar past record, and has a record of failure to act on and enforce their rullings.
"Bush=big oil=extractive energy policy=Cheny saying that conservation is "personal virtue" not sound energy policy=no conservation=less mass transit=less carpooling=federal tax breaks for SUVs=more cars on the road=people working harder because of national debt to pay for policies and wars= sleepy drivers=greater dangers to cyclists
Conclusion: If you care about cycling safety, then vote out Bush"
Now in regards to this both of the politcal parties have heavy interests in the auto industry. The republicans recieve donations from the oil industries where as the Democrats are heavily supported by the UAW. Both goups want people to drive as much as possible with as many cars on the road as possible.
Now I am going to go ride and hope that a libertian gets elected.
|This is old and tired. Guess who caught Saddam?||Live Steam|
Dec 14, 2003 1:05 PM
|You are obviously very slow too. This stupid trash has been posted here a number of times, so you don't even have originality. Most of the stuff is either a blatant lie or way off base in it's accuracy. You should really get a life. Same goes for all you backslappers who responded positively. Yall need something else to do with your time now that Bush is a LOCK for re-election! LOL!!!!! :O)|
Dec 14, 2003 2:07 PM
|Care to make it interesting? :P Would you like to wager that my man from the small but great state of Vermont kicks the Texan out?
This is NOT to be received as antagonistic by the way, you should know as much from me to you by now. Anything from a good "net-handshake" to coin on the table says Dean wins the day come election time. Besides if GWB wins again losing this bet will be the least of my concerns LOL
|Funny you should say that. I just got in from ...||Live Steam|
Dec 14, 2003 2:28 PM
|a weekend in Atlantic City :O) It's kind of hard to resist, but two things come to mind. One, it may be against forum rules to bet anything of significance. Second, I would really hate to take your money :O) Well not really. But, what else would make this interesting? Besides Dean hasn't been nominated yet. You never know what could happen before that occurs. The months between now and the Convention is an eternity in political life. Dean could get caught in the men's room with a little boy before the convention :O)|
|ahhaha BRAVO !||CARBON110|
Dec 14, 2003 2:48 PM
|VERY VERY VERY good points all around, of course GWB has the chance to blow it everyday, so Im betn on percentages :D|
|If you are so certain, you should offer odds.||dr hoo|
Dec 14, 2003 3:45 PM
|10:1 ? 20:1 ? That would make the bet of even an inner tube interesting.|
|Special Forces and Army personnel?||Spoiler|
Dec 15, 2003 7:38 AM
|This reminds me of Bush saying only those who risked their lives should be offered contracts. Let us be proud of our brave Haliburton CEO's.|| |