|Secret Service: Squelching free speech for BuSh||PdxMark|
Sep 24, 2003 4:14 PM
|WASHINGTON (AP) -- The American Civil Liberties Union asked the federal courts Tuesday to prevent the U.S. Secret Service from keeping anti-Bush protesters far away from presidential appearances while allowing supporters to display their messages up close.
Keeping GW BuSh safe is the job of the Secret Service. Using "protection" as a pretext to allow sign-waving supporters in one public area while corralling sign-waving opponents blocks away is governmental intrusion into political speech. People are already being prosecuted for expressing dissenting political views in public places where supporting views were being expressed.
If security is the issue, draw a line around the area and keep people outside the line - regardless of what their sign says.
|Give me a break||Live Steam|
Sep 24, 2003 4:54 PM
|The SS was forced to pick up women for Clinton and to keep prying eyes away. They also kept roudy protesters miles away from him and even locked up quite a few too. I know one of them personally. This is a none issue. The Bush haters have nothing better to do than waste the courts time on this nonsense.|
|Did they have different free speech zones for Clinton?||PdxMark|
Sep 24, 2003 5:18 PM
|Based on subject matter? I didn't know about that. Do you have any links talking about that?
Locking up rowdy protesters is fine, on both sides. The issue is their rowdiness. Arresting a person who is peacefully holding up a dissenting sign in a sea of supporting signs is a different matter. A matter of speech.
So how many women did the SS pick up for Clinton? What were their names? Are they all from Whitewater? Or are you just fantasizing again?
|Yeah I have all their names||Live Steam|
Sep 24, 2003 5:41 PM
|Give me a break. Now it comes down to the level of rowdiness? Forget about the president. Try getting close to a senate candidate in order to stir up trouble. They will lock your ass up faster than you can say Monica. This is nothing new. This "protection" accompanies every high level candidate no matter where they are speaking -Republican or Dumocrat.
No I don't have any links that talk about Clintons SS patrol. I do know someone that found out about them first hand though. The funny thing about him is that he is a pretty liberal guy. He is a well known local artist. He can't stand the Clintons. He calls them two-faced liars. He hates what they stand for and he especially hates their hypocrisy - and he is a Dumocrat! He hates Hillarity more than he hates Bubba!
|you know this guy ... wow - compelling!||sacheson|
Sep 25, 2003 4:42 AM
|And I thought you reserved "Dumocrat" for the elected officials, not the people who voted that way.|
|But george is more sensitive......||MR_GRUMPY|
Sep 24, 2003 6:33 PM
|If he thought that people didn't like him, he might cry.
I remember one of the times that Clinton was in Chicago. He was out greeting the crowd, when a group of anti-Clinton protesters started screaming in his face. There was a big stink, when the Secret Service asked them to stop. I'm not talking about a block away, or 500 feet away, or 50 feet away. I'm talking 5 feet away.
Don't forget, there is a big difference between evil Bill, and saintly george.
Sep 24, 2003 8:30 PM
|Clinton did it, it's ok. The supporters can stay because Bush likes to keep his sheep corralled close by him, away from the hungry liberal wolves.
It's simply indicative of his refusal to hear any opinion counter to his own. Look at how he embarrassed his country with his speech at the UN. He treats the American people like he treats the rest of the world.
|He didn't embarrass me||Live Steam|
Sep 25, 2003 4:31 AM
|This is the BS that occurs in the media to sway the way people think. Annan did not attack Bush in any way during his speech. This is used to stir up anti American sentiment from those that can't even read the speech for themselves. As far as I am concerned I would have no problem bringing all of our biys home from every corner of the globe. Place them at our borders and leave the rest of the world to their own devices. Close our borders and halt immagration to the US. Fine by me.
I am proud that we finally have a president with the balls to stand up to the rest of these two faced SOBs and tell it like it is. He is as tired as the rest of us are for getting kicked in the ass after we are no longer of use by these two bit countries - especially France.
Annan actually said that the UN better start acting responsibly or they will go the way of the rotary phone. Here's his speech. You judge.
I like this idea!
I see a lot of people yelling for peace but I have not heard of one plan for peace. " Books, not Bombs" won't work. The head mullahs won't let anyone read them. If they do, they poke their eyes out.
Here's the plan:
1) The US will apologize to the world for our "interference" in their affairs, past & present. You know, Hitler, Mussolini and the rest of them 'good old boys'. We will never "interfere" again.
2) We will withdraw our troops from all over the world, starting with Germany, South Korea and the Philippines. They don't want us there. We would station troops at our borders. No more sneaking through holes in the fence.
3) All illegal aliens have 90 days to get their affairs together and leave. We'll give them a free trip home. After 90 days the remainder will be gathered up and deported immediately, regardless of who or where they are. France would welcome them.
4) All future visitors will be thoroughly checked and limited to 90 days unless given a special permit. No one from a terrorist nation would be allowed in. If you don't like it there, change it yourself, don't hide here. Asylum would not ever be available to anyone. We don't need any more cab drivers.
5) No "students" over age 21. The older ones are the bombers. If they don't attend classes, they get a "D" and it's back home baby.
6) The US will make a strong effort to become self sufficient energy wise. This will include developing non polluting sources of energy but will require a temporary drilling of oil in the Alaskan wilderness. The caribou will have to cope for a while.
7) Offer Saudi Arabia and other oil producing countries $10 a barrel for their oil. If they don't like it, we go someplace else.
8) If there is a famine or other natural catastrophe in the world, we will not "interfere". They can pray to Allah or whomever, for seeds, rain, cement or whatever they need. Besides' most of what we give them is stolen or given to the army. The people who need it most get very little, if any anyway.
9) Ship the UN Headquarters to an island some place. We don't need the spies and fair weather friends here. Besides, it would make a good homeless shelter or lockup for illegal aliens.
9b) Use the buildings as replacement for the twin towers.
10) All Americans must go to charm and beauty school. That way, no one can call us "Ugly Americans" any longer.
Now, ain't that a winner of a plan.
"The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying'Give me your poor, your tired, your huddled masses.' She's got a baseball bat and she's yelling, 'You want a piece of me?'" - Robin Williams.
|you should check your sources||sacheson|
Sep 25, 2003 4:47 AM
but then again, if you can find it on the Internet, it is true, isn't it Mr. Conspiracy?
|I never said anything about it's authenticity||Live Steam|
Sep 25, 2003 5:02 AM
|Did I? I just posted it because I like the sentiments. Not posting the fact that it may not actually have been written by RW is kind of like the rest of the yellow journalism that occurs every day in the "real" media. Reference 60 Minutes and the Arab web articles I posted earlier. Besides, the last paragraph is the only place that his name appears and he actually said that line in his Broadway show.|
|you don't ride coaster-brake bikes very well do you?||sacheson|
Sep 25, 2003 6:10 AM
|It's pretty difficult to back pedal them.|
|Right, I did not write that.;)...................nm........RW||rwbadley|
Sep 25, 2003 6:14 AM
|I meant the FAMOUS RW :O) nm||Live Steam|
Sep 25, 2003 7:27 AM