RoadBikeReview.com's Forum Archives - Good Trader-Bad Trader

Archive Home >> Good Trader-Bad Trader

Another Scam (exactly as described before)(2 posts)

Another Scam (exactly as described before)Panic911
May 21, 2003 5:34 AM
DO NOT DO BUISNESS WITH THESE PEOPLE
david olabode (buybikeltd@yahoo.com)
Here is what I got:

This message is not flagged. [ Flag Message - Mark as Unread ]

Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 01:18:20 -0700 (PDT)
From: "david olabode" | This is spam | Add to Address Book
Subject: Re: CRAFTSWORK FRM125 / '02 Marzzochi Z1 FR + Extras/payment
To: "jason foster"

Thanks for the mail,i am o.k with your
price + all extras.Inrespect of payment i have a client in the U.S who is owing
me $8,000.All i need to do to make payment easier and
faster is to instruct him to procure a cashiers
check and mail it to you on the name,address and telephone
number you want on the check and you know it takes
24hrs for a cashiers check to clear in the U.S.But i
would want to know if i can trust you to send my
balance to me via MONEY GRAMS INTERNATIONAL MONEY TRANSFER in the UK
after the money must have cleared in your bank to enable
me prepay the shipping company here so that they can
instruct their office in the U.S to come and pick
IT from your location.pls mail me asap to enable
me arrange payment .

As you can see this is ludicrous. Who would trust someone they didn't know, who lived on another continent, with 6,000 G's. I know for damn well I wouldn't and neither should you!!!

Cheers
Foster
re: Another Scam (exactly as described before)OGVW
Jun 2, 2003 5:41 PM
sounds familiar, I actually got a cashiers check for $7000 !! I'll just hang it on the wall.....
">>Thanks for the mail,i am o.k with your
>> price.Inrespect of payment i have a client in the U.S who is owing me
>$7,000.All i need to do to make payment easier afaster is to instruct him
>to procure a cashiers check and mail it to you on the name,address and
>telephone number you want on the check and you know it takes
>>24hrs for a cashiers check to clear in the U.S.But i would want to know
if
>i can trust you to send mybalance to me via MONEY GRAMS INTERNATIONAL
MONEY
>TRANSFER in theUK after the money must have cleared in your bank to enable
>me prepay the shipping company here so that they can instruct their office
>in the U.S to come and pick
>>IT from your location.pls mail me asap to enable me arrange payment "

Jason