RoadBikeReview.com's Forum Archives - Good Trader-Bad Trader

Archive Home >> Good Trader-Bad Trader

josephbryan2000@yahoo.com is a THIEF(5 posts)

josephbryan2000@yahoo.com is a THIEFwanderew
Apr 17, 2003 1:29 PM
Along with other victims of internet fraud i too was fooled into doing business with a lying coward using the email josephbryan2000@yahoo.com He is currently offering a 2003 Santa Cruz Heckler for $1500. The details about the bike are sketchy and the picture is straight from the SC website. Supposedly the bike is brand new, in the box and he is selling it because he just got another new bike.
His game is to tell you that he is on a trip in Germany with his girlfriend Aniculesei Ioana Angelica and that if you send money by Western Union to Germany his dad in Florida will send up the bike. I even received a copy of the UPS label that would be used to ship the bike but when I tried to track it the website could only tell me that the billing information had been verified, but it did not give any details as to where the package was.
He kept making excuses as to why he needed to be paid by Western Union instead of paypal or any online credit card service. Finally I went and made the WU money transfer only to realize the next day that I was being suckered. Fortunatly I smelled a rat soon enough and got back all my money minus the fee charged by Western Union for sending the money in the first place. I just feel lucky for catching on soon enough. Please don't let it happen to you.
re: josephbryan2000@yahoo.com is a THIEFscroungydog
Apr 17, 2003 2:27 PM
sorry but this guy went by the name of phillip newell last week (gemini 900 fame) he used the same excuse and the same girlfriend to pick up money fro western union. i too almost fell for it and it sounds like he get's at least 1 a day.
re: josephbryan2000@yahoo.com is a THIEFscroungydog
Apr 17, 2003 2:28 PM
UPDATE re: josephbryan2000@yahoo.com is a THIEFwanderew
Apr 18, 2003 11:58 AM
UPDATE: This guy is unbelievable. he is now trying to make me out as the bad guy. supposedly i'm trying to scam him because i realized he was a thief and i refunded the western union transfer before he could pick it up. read on for some insight into this experience:

Do you think i am stupid dear andrew? You tried to scam me,but i didn't want to say that,but you are a *ucking lier. Why? I have proofs! What are you saying about that:
Sender's name: andrew gault
Receiver's name: andrew gault
Ha ha ha.....and now are you trying to scare me? No way! You can have some troubles, but i'm not going to waste my time! Don't worry...dear andrew.
Have a nice day and good luck scaming the honest people!

Andrew Gault wrote:
joseph,
i am not going to leave you alone. expect to be harrassed by me until i get my $95 worth of frustration out. furthermore the authorities have been alerted and are on your trail. you can change all of this by proving to me that you actually have the bike. you don't even have to sell it to me. i just want proof that you weren't trying to scam me. until you can do that, expect to have myself and others hunting you down to see that you are punished for trying to steal $1400 from me. you can save yourself. the choice is yours.
andrew