RoadBikeReview.com's Forum Archives - Good Trader-Bad Trader

Archive Home >> Good Trader-Bad Trader

COLNAGO C-40 - CAMPY - HYPERON(4 posts)

COLNAGO C-40 - CAMPY - HYPERONchibiker
Apr 5, 2003 11:12 AM
This is an obvious scam, posted on 4/05/03. Poster wants $1,900 for a c40 with record. Obviously too good to be true. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3601022792&category=7298 exact same description of bike, this one sold for $4,750. Emailed seller wants moneygram payment- same as western union. He says he is in california wants funds sent to St Louis, Missouri. Hopefully ad will be removed.
re: COLNAGO C-40 - CAMPY - HYPERONHawkeye2
Apr 6, 2003 12:52 PM
Assuming this was too good to be true, I emailed the seller and was told he is in Europe and needs the money sent there. Don't touch this one folks.
re: COLNAGO C-40 - CAMPY - HYPERONEW
Apr 7, 2003 9:23 AM
This is what this guy emailed me. TOTAL SCAM. WATCH OUT. GREG, PLEASE CANCEL THIS AD.

Date: 04:35 PM GMT, 04/07/2003
From: Mmkanter@aol.com

To: .org
Subject: Re: [Re: [Re: c 40]]

Dear Sir,

I saw the escrow web page and i don't know...
I'm selling the bike because i need some money and i'm in Europe at this moment
.
I realy don't know...
Can't you make the payment through the MoneyGram Service?
I also have other customers and if they will accept MoneyGram for payment then i
will make the deal with one of them and if not then i think i will make the deal
with you but i don't know for sure.

Kindly regards and reply soon.
Thank you for your time.
re: COLNAGO C-40 - CAMPY - HYPERONlockstockn2
Apr 12, 2003 1:04 PM
Hey, i was stupid enough to go through with this same ad, in retrospect it was pretty dumb, but i thought i was getting a C-40 frame for a decent price. Is there anything i can do to investigate the guys who are putting these ads up?