RoadBikeReview.com's Forum Archives - Good Trader-Bad Trader

Archive Home >> Good Trader-Bad Trader

Jason Scarth - good or bad trader?(7 posts)

Jason Scarth - good or bad trader?birdman_jmj
Jul 28, 2002 5:11 AM
He's taking longer than expected to ship parts.

JMJ
Jason Scarth - BAD TRADERbirdman_jmj
Aug 2, 2002 12:21 PM
I agreed to buy a low-end crankset from Jason, and mailed him a money order on July 11. He acknowledged receipt of the MO on July 17, after I emailed him. He said that he would try to mail out the crankset THAT DAY (July 17).

On July 27/28, I emailed him again, inquiring as to when he mailed out the crankset. He said that "he didn't have time to go to UPS" and that he would mail them via priority post on Monday July 29th. I expected delivery on Thursday August 1st at the latest. I needed the crankset by that day, since I was going to put it on a bike that was to be present for my brother-in-law, to be given to him on friday...

Well, Aug 1 & 2 have come & gone, with no crankset in the mail.

Jason is not answering my emails.

Not much left to do but start mail fraud proceedings against him. I certainly don't recommend trading with him.

Here's his address:
Jason Scarth
540 S 3rd W
Missoula, MT 59801

Watch out for this guy...

John Jans,
Plainsboro, NJ
Jason Scarth, Missoula, MT - BAD TRADER!!!birdman_jmj
Aug 5, 2002 7:20 AM
Here's a picture of the guy. Someone on General Discussion posted his phone #, but of course, it has been disconnected.

JMJ
Email exchange with Jasonbirdman_jmj
Aug 6, 2002 9:15 AM
Below is the email exchange with Jason Scarth, in reverse cronological order. THe top one was received today (August 6th) after I emailed him a few times letting him know about the bad trader posting and my intent to start mail fraud proceedings against him.

Gee, should I trust him?

JMJ

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

John

THat is not necessary,
The cranks are on the way, I was delayed in sedning them, I'm sorry, I
have been working 9-7 at my new job and just couldn't find the time to
drive cross town to the shipping service

SOrry for the inconvenience
Jason

On Fri, 2 Aug 2002, john jans
wrote:

Jason, the crankset didn't come today. Obviously you did NOT send it by priority mail on monday, like you said you would.

I doubt the crankset will arrive tomorrow, and you do not respond to my emails. What is next? Do I have to start mail fraud proceedings?

John Jans,
Plainsboro, NJ

> >From: Jason Scarth
> >To: john jans
> >Subject: Re: crankset sent when?
> >Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 16:25:29 -0600 (MDT)

John,

I am really sorry for the delay, but I haven't been able to make it to ups after work this week, I will send it priority mail on monday and it should be there by thursday at the latest. Thanks for your patience,

Jason

On Sun, 28 Jul 2002, john jans wrote:

Jason,

I still have not received the crankset. On what date did you send it and by USPS or UPS/FEDEX?

I really need it by thursday, since it's going on 1 of 2 bikes that are wedding presents, to be given on friday.

Please let me know.

JMJ
Update... Jason Scarth is a BAD TRADERbirdman_jmj
Aug 14, 2002 5:39 AM
Still nothing from Jason.

I've sent him several emails indicating that I want my money back by August 15th or I will start mail fraud proceedings. I've already bought a crankset from Universal Cycles. So far, nothing from Jason...

Bad traders really tick me off. Jason is a dishonest trader, plain and simple. He has lied to me 3 times since I sent him the money order. Don't trade with him!!!

JMJ
I can't believe it - crankset arrives!birdman_jmj
Aug 16, 2002 5:01 AM
Crankset arrived August 15th via regular mail, post-dated August 6th.

Now I've got a crankset I don't need - great!

Anyway, Jason is still a lousy trader in my book. I had to threaten him with USPS mail fraud proceedings to get him to send the parts I paid for. You be the judge - would YOU trade with this guy?

JMJ
Jason's email - funny!birdman_jmj
Aug 26, 2002 5:16 AM
Jason emailed me on August 24th to say he's "glad the parts made it to me". He said he had to leave unexpectedly for a few weeks to attend his sister's wedding (an unexpected wedding - that's a new one!) and entrusted his room-mate to mail the parts to me.

He's got a lot of parts to sell - good luck, buddy!

JMJ