|Donut Ride to Palos Verdes?||Slow|
Jan 16, 2004 3:03 PM
|Does anyone know the best route to do the Donut Ride starting from the corner of San Vicente and Ocean? Once I get to Marina del Rey, I don't know where to go from there.
Thanks in advance!
|re: Donut Ride to Palos Verdes?||fracisco|
Jan 16, 2004 5:03 PM
|Okay, if you can get yourself to MdR...
- Continue on Admiralty around the marina, and make a right on Fiji. At the end of Fiji the road makes a loop, and off of the loop there is a bike path. Take this bike path.
- Take the bike path towards the ocean, along the jetty, and cross over the bridge at the end. You now have two options:
- Make a right, staying on the bike path, and riding it until it ends in Manhattan Beach. A section of it was closed this morning in Playa del Rey because high surf had washed sand across it for about 75 yards. The bike path ends in Manhattan Beach dumping onto Hermosa Avenue.
- Go straight, through the yellow posts, and get on the surface street there. Take it straight and find your way to Vista del Mar (it is the street that runs along the beach by LAX). Ride Vista del Mar south. It changes names in Manhattan Beach to Highland Avenue. It will deadend at a T-junction in North Hermosa Beach. Make a right, go down a couple of blocks and make a left on Manhattan Ave. Manhattan Avenue intersects Longfellow (it's like a 5-way stop sign), where you make a right and go down a block to Hermosa Avenue.
- Take Hermosa Avenue down past the power plant, and make a left just after the Gold's Gym on the left (if you continue on Hermosa Avenue you will come to a parking structure and the road will loop up to Catalina Ave.). Go a block and make a right on Catalina Ave. Go to I Ave. and make a left. You will see a bunch of cyclists milling about.
The ride starts in South Redondo Beach at I Ave and PCH. See the map here http://mbgp.com/Lucidity/maps.htm#Donut%20Ride%20Start
|re: Donut Ride to Palos Verdes?||Slow|
Jan 16, 2004 5:48 PM
|Thanks a lot. I hate the bike path and didn't know the streets to take. Much Appreciated. What time does the ride start?|
|8:00 AM. nm||OwenMeany|
Jan 17, 2004 5:57 AM
|mmmm...donuts!!!! Doh! (nm)||PEDDLFOOT|
Jan 17, 2004 9:42 AM