RoadBikeReview.com's Forum Archives - General


Archive Home >> General(1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 )


Anyone see the Gios Super Record 78 at(12 posts)

Anyone see the Gios Super Record 78 atJusme
Nov 13, 2003 6:08 AM
Excel? Get the latest catalog out of the box yesterday and "Whoa - look at that!" Repro of the Super Record. The thing ways over 6 pounds frame/fork and has the shortest relative top tube I've ever seen. And I want one!

Says only 100 are being made
I received both CC and Excel yesterday. Mrs H not happy:-) nmDave Hickey
Nov 13, 2003 6:26 AM
Nice...But what components would you put on it?Marketing Dept
Nov 13, 2003 6:50 AM
Wouldn't you just have to go retro on them as well? We just had a string of discussions yesterday about that very topic, what and where can you get a retro grouppo?
2003 Chorus group, all silver, no carbon, no black, tubies......Spunout
Nov 13, 2003 8:06 AM
Oh yeah, and a white regal saddle.
super record, maybe?Qubeley
Nov 13, 2003 11:18 AM
not that hard to find on ebay.
I love my Gios, ride it 80% of the time, the other 3 bikes get 20%.
Would make a great fixie. nmT-Doc
Nov 13, 2003 7:11 AM
That's exactly what I was thinking when I saw it (nm)B2
Nov 13, 2003 12:05 PM
re: 202 are madecollinsc
Nov 13, 2003 7:56 AM
100 come to the USA

I want one sooooo bad. Too bad I already bought a new race bike.
what steel is that? slx, original? same diameters?colker
Nov 13, 2003 1:09 PM
i want one too..
anyone seen the eBay ad?tarwheel
Nov 13, 2003 8:01 AM
There was an eBay ad recently from a guy selling a Gios Compact Pro frame that was practically new because he wanted one of the "new" Torinos. The bidding never reached his reserve price. Personally, I would rather have the Compact Pro, although it's only available in threadless and I prefer quill stems. You see old Torinos for sale quite frequently on eBay, generally selling in the $300 range.
anyone seen the eBay ad?ahaile
Nov 13, 2003 11:56 AM
I didn't see the ebay ad for the Compact Pro frame, but after that auction ended, the seller relisted it as a complete bike ... and I bought it! Sitting on my back porch right now :). Wish I could say I'd be keeping it, but it's a birthday gift for my father. But until I drop it off on Thanksgiving, it's all mine.

The TT on Gios frames isn't as short as you might think. Since the ST angle is pretty steep (74deg), most people will slide the seat back on its rails, which puts you in the same position as a longer TT with a shallower ST angle. So, for example, my bike with a 55.5 cm TT and 74deg angle fits the same as a bike with a 56.5 TT and 73deg angle.

By the way tarwheel, thanks for all your posts about the Compact Pro in the RBR archive. When I was thinking of buying the bike, I did some web research, and your posts were some of the most informative I found.
how 'bout that!bianchi boy
Nov 13, 2003 6:29 PM
I figured somebody was gonna get a great deal on that bike. Good for you. I hope you get to ride the Gios some before delivering to your your dad. They are fun bikes to ride and very comfy. Sadly, I just sold my Compact Pro frame. I've had it listed in the RBR classifieds here for a week or so. Mine was a little too small for me, and I've since become a Merckx convert (although the Gios rides smoother) because the geometry fits me better.

tarwheel (aka bianchi boy)