's Forum Archives - General

Archive Home >> General(1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 )

Valve stem lights: where can I find them?(6 posts)

Valve stem lights: where can I find them?ortman
Nov 4, 2003 9:54 PM
I've read of small lights that can be attached to valve stems of bike tires. Where can these be found and what do they cost? Thanks.
re: Valve stem lights: where can I find them?Andy M-S
Nov 5, 2003 4:29 AM
They're called "Tire Flies," and you should be able to get them at most auto stores. Target had them on sale a couple of weeks ago, too.

They're not very bright, but they're better than nothing. As a side note, they fit Schrader stems only, but you can pick up some adaptors at your LBS if you have presta tubes.
Only ones I've seen are for Schraeder valvesColnagoFE
Nov 5, 2003 9:46 AM
They screw on. I use 'em on my cruisers. You can get them online at or at your local Radio Shack for about $5 a pair.
Presta adapters availableBigFatSal
Nov 5, 2003 7:30 PM
They also sell little adapters to use the Tireflys on Presta valves... Just got mine in the mail today.

Now my 2-year old just wants to play with my bike and watch the spinning lights... Might be a good way to hypnotize him so he'll go to sleep.
Tireflies at Target are much brighter than Radio Shack'sshawndoggy
Nov 5, 2003 10:24 AM
Target has the bike specific tireflies which blink a lot more and come in colors. Used 'em in the dark last night on a group ride and by all accounts I was close to causing some epileptic seizures.
yeah...they are called UV or something like that. (nm)ColnagoFE
Nov 6, 2003 8:08 AM