|So whats it going to be||rubendc19|
Oct 1, 2003 6:51 PM
|Are 10 Speeds going to be the new thing or what? Or are 9 speeds going to still be around for a while ?|
|re: So whats it going to be||kneebreaker|
Oct 2, 2003 2:17 AM
|i am sure they will be around for quite some time. look at the eight speeds. they are still around.|
|If you are talking about Shimano,||Fez|
Oct 3, 2003 5:52 AM
1) 10 speed only JUST started shipping on brand new complete bikes, and those are usu top of the line models.
2) Retailers are only JUST starting to stock individual parts.
3) No 10 speed upgrade kits exist as of yet.
4) It only exists in Dura Ace.
5) It costs a boatload - the 2004 DA complete group is the most expensive ever (at least compared to 2003 Record w/o carbon cranks).
I think 9 speed will be around for quite some time. 10 speed will eventually be the standard, but it has to filter down to the lower groups and be offered at a lower price point before it becomes the standard.