RoadBikeReview.com's Forum Archives - General

Archive Home >> General(1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 )

Clear Channel - Hit 'em where it hurts(13 posts)

Clear Channel - Hit 'em where it hurtsgf99
Sep 26, 2003 4:43 AM
As Humma Hah pointed out below, the FCC plan to allow Clear Channel to buy even more stations is facing stiff congressional opposition and stands a good chance of being defeated (already done in the senate I believe). There is also a large congressional "bike caucus". If your rep is a part of it, get in touch and make sure they're aware of Clear Channel's behavior. Contact info can be found at www.house.gov.

Bike Caucus:

Abercrombie, Neil D-HI
Allen, Tom D-ME
Baird, Brian D-WA
Baldwin, Tammy D-WI
Bass, Charlie R-NH
Berkley, Shelley D-NV
Blumenauer, Earl D-OR
Boehlert, Sherwood R-NY
Bono, Mary R-CA
Boucher, Rick D-VA
Cannon, Chris R-UT
Capps, Lois D-CA
Capuano, Mike D-MA
Cardin, Ben D-MD
Carson, Brad D-OK
Carson, Julia D-IN
Case, Ed D-HI
Costello, Jerry D-FL
Crowley, Joe D-NY
Cubin, Barbara R-WY
Cummings, Elijah E. D-MD
Davis, Danny K. D-IL
Davis, Jim D-FL
DeFazio, Peter D-OR
Delahunt, Bill D-MA
DeMint, Jim R-SC
Doggett, Lloyd D-TX
Eshoo, Anna D-CA
Farr, Sam D-CA
Filner, Bob D-CA
Foley, Mark R-FL
Frost, Martin D-TX
Gillmor, Paul R-OH
Goode, Virgil H., Jr. R-VA
Goodlatte, Bob R-VA
Gordon, Bart D-TN
Green, Mark R-WI
Greenwood, Jim R-PA
Gutierrez, Luis V. D-IL
Hall, Ralph D-TX
Hinchey, Maurice D-NY
Hoekstra, Peter R-MI
Holt, Rush D-NJ
Honda, Mike D-CA
Hooley, Darlene D-OR
Houghton, Amo R-NY
Inslee, Jay D-WA
Israel, Steve J. D-NY
Johnson, Eddie Bernice D-TX
Kelly, Sue R-NY
Kilpatrick, Carolyn C. D-MI
Kind, Ron D-WI
Kleczka, Gerald D-WI
Lampson, Nick D-TX
Larsen, Rick D-WA
Larson, John D-CT
Lewis, John D-GA
Lynch, Stephen D-MA
Maloney, James D-CT
Manzullo, Don R-IL
Matsui, Robert T. D-CA
McCollum, Betty D-MN
McDermott, Jim D-WA
McGovern, Jim D-MA
Meehan, Marty D-MA
Meeks, Greg D-NY
Menendez, Robert D-NJ
Michaud, Michael H. D-ME
Moran, James P. D-VA
Moran, Jerry R-KS
Nadler, Jerrold D-NY
Napalitano, Grace D-CA
Neal, Richard D-MA
Nethercutt, George R-WA
Northrup, Anne R-KY
Norton, Eleanor Holmes D-DC
Oberstar, Jim D-MN
Olver, John D-MA
Ose, Doug R-CA
Owens, Major R. D-NY
Pallone, Frank D-NJ
Pascrell, Bill, Jr. D-NJ
Pelosi, Nancy D-CA
Petri, Thomas R-WI
Pomeroy, Earl D-ND
Rahall, Nick D-WV
Ramsted, Jim R-MN
Rehberg, Denny R-MT
Reyes, Silvestre D-TX
Ryan, Paul R-WI
Sabo, Martin Olav D-MN
Sanders, Bernie I-VT
Sandlin, Max D-TX
Shaw, Clay, Jr. R-FL
Shays, Chris R-CT
Sherman, Brad D-CA
Shuster, Bill R-PA
Slaughter, Louise D-NY
Snyder, Vic D-AR
Solis, Hilda L. D-CA
Stark, Pete D-CA
Tancredo, Thomas G. R-CO
Tauscher, Ellen D-CA
Taylor, Charles H. R-NC
Toomey, Patrick R-PA
Udall, Mark D-CO
Udall, Tom D-NM
Van Hollen, Chris D-MD
Walden, Greg R-OR
Wamp, Zach R-TN
Watson, Diane E. D-CA
Waxman, Henry A. D-CA
Weiner, Anthony D-NY
Weller, Jerry R-IL
Wilson, Joe R-SC
Woolsey, Lynn D-CA
Wu, David D-OR
Let your congressman know anyway NMTri_Rich
Sep 26, 2003 5:25 AM
Wanna' hear something TRULY bizarre?pitt83
Sep 26, 2003 6:39 AM
I'm watching OLN last night and catch the very end credits for the Telecom race from 8-9 PM. Produced by Clear Channel Communication productions! WTF! Right there in the closing credits.

I mean, the corporation CCU obviously is a simple media conglomeration and cares nothing about content. It boggles my mind that the radio broadcast has been allowed by CCU to proliferate from market to market. I know if my corporation had a black eye somewhere, we wouldn't be allowed or encouraged to repeat the mistake.
copy of just received lame e-mail from Raleigh Stationlitespeedchick
Sep 26, 2003 8:01 AM
September 26, 2003

Thank you for your e-mail message regarding recent Bob and Madison morning show broadcasts on G105.

Our morning show includes a good deal of animated banter, between callers and on-air personalities, that can be both humorous and caustic. It is always with the intention to entertain our listeners. During a couple of shows this week time was spent by callers and on-air personalities discussing driving and cyclists. During this discussion, comments were made which at the time we felt were humorous in nature. In retrospect we feel that the some of the comments went too far, and for that we sincerely apologize.

We truly regret offending anyone. Be assured that G105 does not advocate harm to cyclists. Again, thank you for your message and please feel free to write or phone me in the event I can be of service.

Best regards,

Kenneth C. Spitzer

Regional Vice President

G105-FM Radio