RoadBikeReview.com's Forum Archives - General


Archive Home >> General(1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 )


Opinions on a wireless cadence computer(8 posts)

Opinions on a wireless cadence computerlendog
Sep 3, 2003 8:17 AM
I want to buy a new computer that does cadence and would rather not do the wired kind. I know Vetta makes one called the V100. Any opinions on it or any other good one's? Are the wireless ones not good at all?

Thanks.
re: Opinions on a wireless cadence computerLC
Sep 3, 2003 8:50 AM
I never had much luck with the RT77 (wired Vetta with cadence), so I would not expect much better out of the wireless. I find the big tranmitter on the fork looks worse than the wire that you trade for. Add that to the hassle of going thru more batteries means I will stick with with the old wires. If you are cleaver and run the wire on the inside of the fork you can hide the wires quite well.
re: Opinions on a wireless cadence computerglobalhelipimp
Sep 3, 2003 9:08 AM
I had the FlightDeck (ultegra model) put on my Lemond
Zurich when I bought it back in July; 500 miles later and
no problems to speak of (road in the rain a handfull of
times, too).

Dave
Vetta V100 = junk!pitt83
Sep 3, 2003 9:10 AM
Mine worked for about 3 weeks total. New batteries brought it back for 2 rides then it quit again. Would not recommend. I won't even bother warranteeing it because I truly believe this is absolute junk.
re: Opinions on a wireless cadence computertwobits
Sep 3, 2003 11:52 AM
i got the vetta 100 and i love it. very easy to install and operate. i can't understand why some people have trouble with something so easy. i've had it for 7000km now.
So far, so good with my Vetta 100Ken K
Sep 3, 2003 12:01 PM
I have the version with wireless speed and wireless cadence and after three months and 800 miles I am very pleased. The computer never has problems picking up speed and cadence which is surprising as I expected it to have some trouble with the cadence. Once at the end of the ride I noticed the max speed was way off so it must have spiked at some point on that ride but the steady state speed readout always seems reasonable. The batteries are still the original ones that came with the unit. Replacement batteries are about a buck each or so.

Ken
re: Opinions on a wireless cadence computerOverhill
Sep 3, 2003 6:44 PM
Flight Deck on my Shimano bike works great. Never a problem.
Bought a Vetta 100, with wireless cadence for my "good" road bike. It provides wonderful information and is an excellent tool; that is, of course, during the roughly 25% of the time it works. The other 75% it just sits there looking very high tech, with its cute little screen blank. Its such a wonderful surprise when it suddenly starts to work! I may not be the best mechanic, but I've probably owned at least 25-30 bike computers over the years [anybody remember the PacerMate 2000?], but I've had no success with the Vetta 100.
I'm using a polar S720, works great nmmorency
Sep 3, 2003 11:45 PM