|update on Cleveland radio DJ stunt re: cyclists||SmogRider|
Jul 12, 2003 3:10 PM
|nothing like a barrage of emails to the FCC to get someone's attention!
i (courtesy Halloween on MTBR)
Due to a flood of e-mails, phone calls and letters, Clear Channel Communications and WMJI-Majic 105 in Cleveland have agreed to help correct the wrongs that their broadcasts caused last week.
Negotiations are underway and Clear Channel has agreed to a number of items revolving around:
- Running Public Service Announcements on all six of their stations in the northern Ohio market.
- Donating a substantial amount of money toward local bicycling causes. (I want figures!!)
- Helping with programs and events such as Safe Routes to School and public safety education.
- Supporting and promoting the America Bikes agenda with national and local politicians.
- Public apologies from those DJs who offended all of us with their anti-bicycling comments.
AS OF TODAY, FRIDAY JULY 11th, WE CAN STOP E- MAILING COMPLAINTS ABOUT THEIR REPREHENSIBLE BROADCASTS.
Station management and the DJs understand that what they said was wrong. They are in the process of making things right, but for them to focus on turning things around we need to free up their computers.
Thank you for your quick response. It's great to see freedom of speech used in a positive way.
Please forward this to anyone that you may have sent the original Call to Action to so that the word gets out. If you are the administrator of a webpage or see the original Call to Action still posted on a webpage, please post this update as soon as possible.
33351 Aurora Rd
Solon, Ohio 44139
Jul 12, 2003 3:20 PM
|...I was beginning to wonder if this was one of those internet frauds... ;)|
|Hey Lois: Thanks for all of your persistance. (nm)||PaulCL|
Jul 13, 2003 9:15 AM