|Any of you familiar with The Mountain Momma?||Mike P|
May 9, 2003 10:39 AM
|Just wondering if it would be worth riding and if anyone here is planning on riding it. August 2, 2003. How about you VA and DC folks? I spent a couple weekends climbing near this area of West Virginia years ago and remember it was all hills.
|Many years ago, I dated a girl...||rwbadley|
May 9, 2003 10:44 AM
|(briefly, and I'm not sure 'dated' is the right word) her name was Mountain Thunderpu$$y. ahem...
May 9, 2003 2:14 PM
|I never did the ride for the two years it was originally held, in 1999 and 2000 I believe. I met a guy who did it in 2000 and he claimed it was outstanding.
I have no doubt, as I've been in Highland County a couple of times -- it is certainly rugged, unpopulated, unique and scenic, even by my rural Virginia standards.
It's great to hear they're able to bring the ride back for 2003, and I plan to do it.
|Funny you should mention it.||KG 361|
May 9, 2003 2:44 PM
|I've been thinking of that one for the past 2 yrs. I don't think I'm doing MOM so this would be a good, painful substitute. Closer to me, too, I think.|
|Hey KG361,||Mike P|
May 10, 2003 2:48 PM
|As of yesterday, MOM is off the map for me. My schedule has been too out of wack to make it.
The Mountain Momma date is much better. It is a long drive from here but I may try to talk the girlfriend into tagging along; I'd like to show her Seneka Rocks and a few other sites in the area.
|Hey Mike,||KG 361|
May 10, 2003 5:49 PM
|MOM is out for me, too. My friend that I was going to meet there can't make it. I may do Mountain Mama depending on what we do for our vacation-it falls on the 2nd day of our vacation so we'll see. Distance-wise, it is about the same as MOM for me. I'll let you know when we get closer to that time. Until then, good riding and I hope your son is doing well.|
|Hope to see you there.||Mike P|
May 12, 2003 3:14 AM
Michael is doing well. The last bone marrow biopsy tells us the luekemia is heading towards remission. I am not even going to attempt explaining how good that news was. Now we just wait for the white blood cell count to go back up for him to get out of the hospital. Another bone marrow biopsy in a week or so well tell how the next round of chemo will be handled; 2 - 5 more rounds before they really will call it in remission. Got my fingers crossed though.