|Speedplay pedals/Sidi Dominator shoes||zooog|
Mar 19, 2003 5:14 AM
|I currently own a pair of Sidi Dominator Shoes. I now use a Ritchey SPD pedal. It is tme for a chane with the pedals. Want to continue usinf the Sidi D's. Considering a Speedplay Pedal and have the following questions.
1. Can a speedplay Pedal be used with Sidi D's?
2. If So, will the cleat be recessed?
3. If anyone uses the similiar set up, can you give me your eperience...comfort in long rides...ect.
4. If not compatible with Sidi D's what are other pedal alternatives with the Sidi D's?
Thanks for any input, it is appreciated.
|Speedplay pedals/Sidi Dominator shoes....No problems...||davet|
Mar 19, 2003 7:32 AM
|I use SIDI Dominators with SpeedPlay Frog pedals on our tandem. The cleats are recessed and very walkable. I like the setup, it's comfortable for the long rides too. My wife uses the same setup when she rides her solo bike too.
If you use the 'new' style Frog cleats, they bolt right on. If you use the 'older' stlyle cleats, you have to grind away (with a Dremel tool) a little of the inside of the lugs. Not a big deal.
|re: Speedplay pedals/Sidi Dominator shoes||ryder1|
Mar 19, 2003 7:53 AM
|1. Yes. The new cleats apparently fit the Sidi's with no triming to the lugs required. Older speedplay frog cleats you had to slightly machine away some of the lug in order to fit them in. |
2. Yes. The cleat is pretty well recessed.
3. Yes, I've used the same setup. I found that once the speedplay cleats wear out a bit (they wear fast) they would tend to get a bit sloppy and not well connected feeling. I also had problems with hot spots on longer rides. I switched to a Sidi road shoe and Speedplay zeros and am very happy. I also switched to Time Atacs on my mtb. Not an option I guess if your goal is to have one walkable shoe.....................
|re: Speedplay pedals/Sidi Dominator shoes..cont||zooog|
Mar 19, 2003 10:07 AM
|I guess in the end what I want to do is get the best pedal that will go with the Sidi D's. Have the $$$ already paid for newer Sidi D's. I think my best solution was for new pedals. The damn Ritcheys SPD's are falling apart.|
|re: Speedplay pedals/Sidi Dominator shoes||Pjkad|
Mar 19, 2003 5:59 PM
|I have used the combo of Dominators and Frogs for 18 months and I have been very happy with the performance of both on long rides. No hot spots and very easy click in/out without looking since the Frogs are double sided. Have not needed to change cleats yet so they are holding up well. Walking is no problem.|| |