|What would you do if you won the lottery?||Raven1911|
Jan 30, 2003 7:15 PM
|What would you do, cycling related, if you won the lottery? Last jackpot here in CA was 85 million. Say you win 10 million. What would you do with it?
Here is what I would do, but I'm sure I would find more to spend on:
1. Buy land and build a velodrome here in southern california. Stock it with nice brand new bikes for everyone to try. Since there is not a velodrome nearby my city and I have always wanted to get into track riding, I have my chance. I would offer everyone new to track cycling a free introduction class and hopefully it would go from there to races, etc. I would help people who wanted to get into cycling financially if needed as well.
2. Here in southern CA we have a local criterium area, which is actually a commercial area and when we ride we frequently have 50+ riders dodging traffic. So to remedy the problem I would buy more land and build a criterium practice and race course for everyone to enjoy. We could have practice sessions as well as races there too. Every practice or race it would be swept and/or blown off to make it debris free!
3. Of course buy new bikes for myself as well.
Anything else you would plan on doing cycling related?
Oh to dream!
|I would buy a new Colnago for everybody on this board! nm||Bruno S|
Jan 30, 2003 7:19 PM
|you're very generous! I'm first in line :-) (nm)||velocity|
Jan 31, 2003 8:44 AM
|Oh the possibilites..................||cydswipe|
Jan 30, 2003 8:04 PM
|Man, if I won the lottery, let's say like $100 million. 1.I'd buy this golf and country club I used to mow grass at during my summers. Weed eating and mowing fairways for min. wage. I'd turn it into a MTB and cyclo-cross facility. The club house would be a bike shop. Rental bikes to try out/ test ride. I'd have a bicycle type lounge/bar too. TdF and spring classic coverage on OLN, "Sunday in Hell" showings, and 2 for 1 drinks during "happy hour"!
2. I'd sponsor some pro team in Europe. I'd buy out, let's say, USPS for example. I'd paste my ugly face on the front and back of the jerseys but HUGE. Everyone in the world would see these riders with my big face on the jersey. I'd probably make a goofy face just to be difficult too. It'd be great. Especially if my team won the TdF. Imagine instead of all the USPS gear you see, you'd see me....everywhere!
3. I'd pay M.C. Hammer to hang around me at all times. He could only ever say one thing, "STOP...Hammer time!"
4. I'd go broke in about a week.
|You sure know how to spend your $$$! (nm)||Raven1911|
Jan 30, 2003 8:48 PM
|Sounds good... here is 10 bucks to get started (nm) !||deHonc|
Jan 30, 2003 10:38 PM
|re: What would you do if you won the lottery?||PEDDLEFOOT|
Jan 31, 2003 6:07 AM
|Set my kids up with a nice college and trust fund.Take care of my retirement.Buy a restaraunt and finally do what I've always wanted to do.And oh yeah,buy about every bike I've always dreamed of owning.|
|Retire....after 6 months||PaulCL|
Jan 31, 2003 7:26 AM
|I'd take that $10mm and invest it well and invest it cheaply (since I work for an investment firm). Once the $$ are in place, my family and I would move to a warmer climate. Heck, I'd keep my house here and have one Colorado and Provence in France. I wouldn't blow the principle, but live off the interest. Heck, I could make it off a half mill per year, couldn't you?|
|You all forgot to pay your taxes.......||firstrax|
Jan 31, 2003 7:39 AM
|......hide from distant relatives you havent seen since childhood looking for a hand out, dodge entry level stock brokers claiming to have the real inside scoop on the next Microsoft.|
|$20,000 to the Peloton Project each year||Tig|
Jan 31, 2003 3:29 PM
|The best use would be to give to a few select charities like the LAF. Maybe sponsor a few up and coming racers. After that, I'd sloooowly build a collection of custom bikes from the likes of Richard Moon, Rivendell, Moots, Calfee, Spectrum... the list would go on! Single speeds, road bikes, MTB's, even cool Ti cruisers.
A nice but not too elaborate house, arts and crafts style. Education for the kids. A few long term investments. Plenty of traveling. Maybe a new Shelby A/C Cobra from Carroll himself.