Jan 3, 2003 11:34 AM
|From another forum:
Pat and I (Seana Hogan -- 5 time RAAM champion) will be hosting our third CRuise Across AMerica (CRAAM) this
summer. We have had wonderful adventures, many learning experiences , and
lots and lots of fantastic memories from our past tours! We hope you will
consider joining the fun!
- July 12 through July 26.
- Southern route from San Diego,CA to Charleston,SC.
- 15 Days - 2800 miles (avg 185 miles/day)
- Limited 100 mile/day option
- Fully supported tour
- daily detailed route slips
- transport of personal belongings
- breakfast, lunch, snacks, and drinks daily along the route
- double occupancy motel rooms (AAA approved if available)
- CRAAM commemoratives
- group dinner/celebration in Charleston
- $2495 with $250.00 deposit before 4/1/03
- Look for more information in the March issue of Ultra Cycling
magazine (remember to renew!)
- Drop us a note at email@example.com or call 408 848-5460
Warning: For experienced riders only. This is a physically demanding
tour. Please ask it you are unsure of your abilities. Training tips
available to make your tour more enjoyable.
MB1 and MB2 should be up for this one.
|185 miles per day....piece of cake!||PaulCL|
Jan 3, 2003 12:22 PM
|Let's see....that's around 10+ hours per day in the saddle. Just shoot me now and get it over with.|
|My feelings exactly.........||Dave Hickey|
Jan 3, 2003 12:45 PM
|And this is a cruise across America?|
|it's relative to RAAM||DougSloan|
Jan 3, 2003 1:21 PM
|RAAM is 300-400 miles per day (and no sleeping, or sleeping a couple of hours in the back of a van along the way). That makes this seem easy, right?
There is a PAC Tour, too, which is around 100-130 per day.
|What's that stand for?||Humma Hah|
Jan 3, 2003 1:37 PM
|Poke across America?|
Jan 3, 2003 1:51 PM
|Pacific Atlantic Crossing|
|You're right. It depends on your perpective...||Dave Hickey|
Jan 3, 2003 1:47 PM
|My idea of a long ride is probably a cruise around the block to MB1! :-)|
|Its almost 15 double centuries in a row.....||Bruno S|
Jan 3, 2003 2:17 PM
|once you put like that it doesn't sound so bad :-). 12 hours a day is probably about what most people need to do the 185 miles. After all its not a race but a touring ride. I like cycling but for $2500 I would prefer a week or two sight seeing in Europe.|
Jan 3, 2003 3:39 PM
|Sounds like a good tour for masochists! A bit too ambitious for me; my legs hurt just from thinking about it.|| |