RoadBikeReview.com's Forum Archives - General

Archive Home >> General(1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 )

Similar music to Darude(14 posts)

Similar music to DarudePODIUMBOUNDdotCA
Nov 18, 2002 2:11 PM
Does anyone know of anything similar to Darude?

Thanks,
Nick
ugh, trying to bore your spinning students into fitness?collinsc
Nov 18, 2002 2:25 PM
yeah sorry, im a plenty big fan of electronic music, but this dance/house/whatever stuff is crap. repetitive and derivative. it all sounds the same and it all sounds boring.

zzzzzzz

sorry i couldnt be more helpful but zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

try propellerheads or crystal method or chemical brothers or the awesome Future Sound of London for some much more lively and interesting blood pumping music.
amen - for true power, go get this CD immediately:lonefrontranger
Nov 18, 2002 3:23 PM
Crystal Method's incredible "Tweekend" Guaranteed to get your bum out of the saddle. Try Track 8: "Ten Miles Back". There is not a bad track on that entire CD in my humble opinion.

Propellerheads is awesome stuff too. "In Her Majesty's Secret Service", "Velvet Pants" and "Spybreak" are all more than appropriate.

If you really must use pure electronica, at least go with quality stuff like The Orb's "Little Fluffy Clouds" or get all wound up with the Prodigy 10" dance mix of "Firestarter".
Lords of Acid. . .js5280
Nov 18, 2002 2:55 PM
Okay, not really but it's guaranteed to get their attention ;-)
Question for PODIUMBOUND...Tony2010
Nov 19, 2002 5:36 AM
Hey did you ever get the newslink from Bruno S on those trance live sets, from your last techno/dance post, I've been trying to find downloads for live sets without success?
I'm here...Bruno S
Nov 19, 2002 11:53 AM
the newsgroup is called alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.dance

You can also go to

www.tranceaddict.com
Can't seem to get to the files....hulksmash
Nov 19, 2002 1:16 PM
Is there a trick to getting some of these MP3s? Is there a ssign in or something? I've never quite gotten the hang of these newsgroups. Thanks.
newsgroups....Bruno S
Nov 19, 2002 3:18 PM
newsgroups are not web pages so you cannot access them with a browser like Netscape or Explorer. If you don't have a newsgroup reader you can download free Agent at:
http://www.forteinc.com/

Once you do this, you need to configure a news server. All ISPs will give you access to one. It is similar to configuring e-mail. Follow the instructions on Agent or call your ISP so they explain how to do it.

Once you have done this search for the newsgroup you are looking for and its easy to start downloading.

Newsgroups are the underground of the internet and you can find a lot of illegal stuff (software, music, movies, porn). I guess thats why they are not promoted very much.
Bruno S, Thanx, but one more question...Tony2010
Nov 20, 2002 6:07 AM
Does this work with Windows NT, cause I seem to have a problem locating the server for the address you provided.
Not for the Machulksmash
Nov 20, 2002 9:04 AM
Oh well,

This is the price I pay for having a Mac. No newsgroups readers at that site. I'll scourge the downloads to see if someone wrote a newsgroup client. Thanks for the help though.
Dont feel bad I couldnt get it either...Tony2010
Nov 20, 2002 9:32 AM
For whatever reason I couldnt get it to work through Windows NT, any assistance will be appreciated as this music saves me from succumbing to the boredom of my job.

Thank you all :)
Dont feel bad I couldnt get it either...Bruno S
Nov 20, 2002 1:39 PM
what exactly did not work? Agent? You need a newsreader to be able to access newsgroups. Agent is available for NT. If you have an internet connection at home you must have access to a newserver, call your ISP and ask how to configure it. It is very easy similar to email.
I don't "spin" and I'm 46 years old -BowWow
Nov 19, 2002 8:49 PM
Dude, why doncha try the Doobie Brothers, ZZ Top, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Santana, Queen, Van Halen, Journey, The Police, The Beatles, etc., etc., etc.? Lotsa great tunes, great beat, fast tempo, and VARIETY!!!! Dang!
"Classic rock" gets SO BORING!ColnagoFE
Nov 20, 2002 6:30 AM
Aren't you tired of hearing Black Water, Black Magic Woman, Jump, Lovin Touchin Squeezin, Roxanne, and pretty much anything the Beatles wrote for the 100th time??!!! Electronic music is great for Spinning. Long songs, good contstant beat. Sure it's good to mix in some oldies and some other types of music, but all classic rock would get really old in a hurry if you ask me. You hear it way too much on the radio already.