|I've just had a five bike week!||Spoke Wrench|
Sep 27, 2002 10:02 AM
|I've had five rides this week. Since each of the five rides was quite different from the other four, it reasonably follows, sort of, that I'd logically use five different bikes.|
|Please tell me that...||mlbd|
Sep 27, 2002 11:11 AM
|these aren't 5 different road bikes!! how could you possibly have 5 different road bikes that are best for 5 different kinds of riding? I can think of three: a flat course bike, a climber, and a TT bike. Add in a cross bike, and a mountain bike or two and I'm with you.|
|It's not that hard......||Dave Hickey|
Sep 27, 2002 11:21 AM
|I have 5 that I ride all the time
1. LOOK KG241- good multi geared bike
2. Vitus 979- rain multi geared bike
3. LOOK KG86- good single speed
4. Gitane- beach cruiser/grocery getter single speed
5. Bianchi-Commuter bike(happens to be a single speed)
|Please tell me that...||Spoke Wrench|
Sep 27, 2002 11:29 AM
|1. Tandem ride with my wife and another tandem couple.
2. Go-fast bike, a Quantum Race, by myself.
3. The beater bike, a reworked Marin mountain bike. I ran errands on Tuesday.
4. The retro-grouch bike, a reworked Bridgestone RB-2. This was an extremely social ride with a group who call themselves "The Turtles." (I'm not making this up.) I found out there are also "Turbo Turtles" who ride a little faster.
5. The mountain bike. I hadn't mountain biked in over a year. It's good that I went out by myself so there was no one to laugh at me.