RoadBikeReview.com's Forum Archives - General

Archive Home >> General(1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 )

Latest eBay debacle(16 posts)

Latest eBay debaclejtolleson
Aug 11, 2002 6:58 AM
Someone posted this ridiculous listing for the "Ironman Triathlon Bike" and I followed up with questions to the seller. Here's the email exchange. What a snake! Feel free to let the boy have it now that you have his email addy. Details about the fraud can be accessed by the hyperlink at the bottom of the emails.

This is an ASR Maximum Performance Bycycle. It's basic retail is from 1500. to 2300. dollars Thanks for your interest.

Regards
Guy Hodges
Check us out on the Web for local auctions, and Sales Opportunities
www.worldwidetradeltd.com

-----Original Message-----
From: jtolleson@outspokin.org [mailto:jtolleson@outspokin.org]
Sent: Saturday, August 10, 2002 6:58 PM
To: guyhodges@attbi.com
Subject: Question for seller -- Item #1849451031

Exactly who makes this bike and what year is it? Do you know the retail
value?
--------------------

Question from: jtolleson@outspokin.org
Title of item: IRONMAN PRO TRIATHLON BICYCLE
Seller: tradeworldwide
Starts: Aug-06-02 11:25:55 PDT
Ends: Aug-13-02 11:25:55 PDT
Price: Currently $100.00
To view the item, go to:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1849451031
I just sent him an email. Let's see if he responds...Dave Hickey
Aug 11, 2002 7:32 AM
Depending on how he responds, I'm going to report him to EBay.
Maybe is supposed to be in pesosakatdog
Aug 11, 2002 8:29 AM
Actually, I almost wondered if I should ask "Is that USD$?" nmjtolleson
Aug 11, 2002 10:15 AM
No, that is in Turkish dollars(nm)Lone Gunman
Aug 11, 2002 10:18 AM
and only for Turkish millionaires nmcyclopathic
Aug 11, 2002 12:02 PM
re: Never fear.....I_See_Fred_People
Aug 11, 2002 9:39 AM
No one is going to get burned with this hunk of garbage. ive taken care of it myself.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1849451031
what did u do?opencl
Aug 11, 2002 10:37 AM
I see that the current bid is at $600
what did u do?I_See_Fred_People
Aug 11, 2002 11:32 AM
Lets just say that anyone that outbids the current bid deserves the bike.
Capt. Justice?- I love it! -nmfiltersweep
Aug 11, 2002 4:58 PM
"Justice" shall prevail, lol007webgod
Aug 11, 2002 11:43 AM
Way to go!! A concerned cyclist from bicycling.com's forum.
how in the...daneil
Aug 12, 2002 5:17 AM
heck does this idot get a bid up to $600 on this piece of crap and I can't get 850 for a beautiful rigid ti mountain bike that I listed 2x!!! It's just not fair. It's ok I'd rather have someone buy it off the classifieds anyway.
Read the above posts.Dave Hickey
Aug 12, 2002 5:32 AM
Captain Justice is the high bidder. This bike will never be sold for $600. I emailed this guy and told him he was committing fraud and I was going to report him to Ebay. He sent back a very nasty email saying "go ahead and report me, I don't care". He'll gets what he deserves......
May to go RBR. He ended the auction........Dave Hickey
Aug 12, 2002 5:45 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1849451031
Should have said, "way to go RBR"...nmDave Hickey
Aug 12, 2002 5:49 AM
Looks like he is going to try again (nm)LC
Aug 12, 2002 3:43 PM