's Forum Archives - General

Archive Home >> General(1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 )

motorists to pay compensation to cyclist in accident(5 posts)

motorists to pay compensation to cyclist in accidentpukka
Aug 9, 2002 9:14 AM
a proposed european law,6903,769019,00.html
will it cover truck driving rednecks with baseball bats?cyclopathic
Aug 9, 2002 10:40 AM
the friend of mine was taken down with.
I've been only thrown beer cans at, lucky me
Need advice on same subjectbigdeal
Aug 9, 2002 11:08 AM
Haven't read the article, but was hit (well, I hit) by a guy who looked like he was going to park then just pulled a U turn instead (much to my 18 mph surprise, as well as the witnesses around me). Try as I might, didn't stop and ended up as a hood ornament. Now lower back's hurting, bike shop confirmed the frame's bent and should replace the shifters and fork. Report was made to his insurance company.
Question is: I'm sure this happened to other people on the board, what was the outcome in your case(s)?
Your renters or homeowners insurance...eschelon
Aug 9, 2002 12:02 PM
should cover the replacement of your bike...while also covering your deductible by going after your driver's insurance company. Make sure your lbs is cool with being involved in certifying your bike being "unrideable" so that your insurance company won't jerk you around in replacing your bike.

Otherwise, unless you have "permanent" damage to your body or scars, you aren't going to get any money for that either...unless you can find some "Earl Scheib" attorney that can paint any car for $99.95...err, sorry wrong get what I mean.
also check your car insurancecyclopathic
Aug 9, 2002 4:42 PM
it covers damage caused to your body by cars, not sure about your state.