RoadBikeReview.com's Forum Archives - General


Archive Home >> General(1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 )


Awww, I just killed my trainer.(2 posts)

Awww, I just killed my trainer.hayaku
Jul 17, 2002 5:00 AM
I was doing LT work when I noticed the smell of burning rubber. Shortly after that my trainer started making a nasty grinding noise. It was to hot to touch (I thought magnetic trainers didn't get overly hot) so I poured some water on it.

After unloading my entire water bottle on it I stopped and wondered if that was a good idea. do you think that pouring water on and in my trainer will destroy it completely? It's a rim driven Minoura, magnetic trainer.
Thanks.
M.
Doubt the water killed it, but from the noisescottfree
Jul 17, 2002 6:09 AM
you describe, it may be on life support anyway. Where was the grinding noise coming from?