|Bottom bracket installation||JohnIV|
Jul 11, 2002 10:40 AM
|Gonna try and fix the horrible clicking sound my BB is making. When I am re-installing the BB, should I use grease in addition to plumber's tape (teflon) on the threads. Should I grease anything else while I've got the BB out. FYI, its a cartridge Campy record BB. Thanks|
|Park tool has an instruction sheet. Here is a link.||cabinfever|
Jul 11, 2002 10:56 AM
Not sure if this will help, as I'm no expert. I used grease and teflon tape, but my BB is creaking like mad right now. Could just be loose, or worn. The plastic Shimano non-drive side sleave might have bit the dust. If I weren't so cheap, I'd buy a new one.
|re: Bottom bracket installation||clintb|
Jul 15, 2002 11:10 AM
|1. Remove BB.
2. Degrease all surfaces including BB shell.
3. Wrap BB threads with teflon tape in the opposite direction of the thread. Right hand thread, wrap to the left and vice versa.
4. Install fixed cup (should be right hand) and torque to mfg. specs.
5. Install left side, and toruqe to spec.
6. If adjustable, tighten until play in BB is gone, but not too much.
6. Install right crankarm and use it like a lever to check for play. Once you have the play taken out, tighten the lockring on left side.
7. Re-install crankarms and torque to spec.