RoadBikeReview.com's Forum Archives - General
I confess, I am becoming a P O S T A H O L I C ! ! (help)(12 posts)
|I confess, I am becoming a P O S T A H O L I C ! ! (help)||AllisonHayes|
May 23, 2002 2:13 PM
|Is there a cure for this?
Can it be brought under control?
Can I sue RBR? (I need to retain Doug and Bill.) What are my chances?
Do I have any witnesses?
I think I need to go (she pauses drawing on all her strength and willpower) C O L D T U R K E Y
I am getting the DTs (delirium typonus) and am having trouble breathing because I am laughing all the time and spitting my coke on the keyboard.
|All together now...one, two, three..."HI ALLISON!" nm||rideslikeagirl|
May 23, 2002 2:25 PM
|Oh great! Are you telling me you are all the same way too?||AllisonHayes|
May 23, 2002 2:35 PM
|I'm telling you I'm seeing pink elefantino's, sprito's are haunting me and everytime I sneeze now it goes, ah ah ahisma. And when I play "little piggy" with my nieces, the 'lil pigs now go wei wei weiwentg all the way home. This is getting out of hand.
Maybe we have a class action suit here?
May 23, 2002 2:36 PM
|1. We admitted we were powerless over the forum - that our lives had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that a bike equal to a Pinarello could restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of said bike as we understood It.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5. Admitted to the board, to ourselves and to another human being (via the internet) the exact nature of our wrongs.
6. Were entirely ready to have the bike remove all these defects of character.
7. Humbly asked It to remove our shortcomings and give us speed.
8. Made a list of all bikes we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such bikes wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others, or when they were trashed beyond recognition.
10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly deleted it.
11. Sought, through riding and cleaning, to improve our conscious contact with the bike as we understood It, praying only for knowledge of It's will for us and the power to carry that out.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to Postaholics and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
Keep coming back - it works if you work it!!
|So, is this the PA oath? Shouldn't "Bike" be capitalized? LOL & creative!||AllisonHayes|
May 23, 2002 2:46 PM
|Myyy hhh aa ands are shaa kkkk iin ggg annndd ttttre emmbb llinnn gg aassss iiiii wwwrritiittee ththiisisss.sss.sss|
|Just remember that||mmquest|
May 23, 2002 2:47 PM
|every minute you spend on the forum could be spent on your bike...|
May 23, 2002 3:45 PM
|...if I quit my job.
|Well, there is that... (nm)||mmquest|
May 23, 2002 8:21 PM
|Not to be confused with BB Anonymous (Bike buyers).||Len J|
May 23, 2002 2:54 PM
|"Hello, my name is _________ and I'm an addict"
12 Steps of Bike Buying"
1.)Admitted we were powerless over the effects of a new bike-that our current ride had become unridable
2.)Came to believe that a ride greater than our cureent ride could return us to sanity.
3.)Made a decision to turn our money over to the LBS
4.)Made a searching & fearless inventory of the weaknesses of our current ride
5.)Convinced our wives of the exact nature of these shortcomings.
6.)Were entirely ready to have our LBS replace all these defects with new technology.
7.)Humbly asked our LBS to relace these shortcomings.
8.)Made incessant lists of all the rational reasons why this new purchase was necessary
9.)Made direct arguments to anyone who would listen as to why this purchase was necessary.
10.)Continued to research in order to convince ourselves that we made a good decision while we wait for delivery.
11.)Sought thru contact with other like minded people, to reinforce what knowledgable consumers we are.
12.)Having commited to this purchase, we try to carry this message of salvation through consumption to anyone who will listen while we continually look for the next great bike.
BTW, Those shakes are more related to withdrawl from work than posting.
Just admit you are powerless & get it over with.
|Not only PA but BBA too?||AllisonHayes|
May 23, 2002 3:08 PM
|This disease is spreading faster than peanut butter at a century rest stop...what other side effects are out there?|
|What's one more drunk at this party? Stay awhile.||Sintesi|
May 24, 2002 4:58 AM
|We like your attitude. Have a great ride(s) this weekend and keep hoisting the posts!|
|sorry, I'm a witness and an enabler :-) nm||DougSloan|
May 24, 2002 6:47 AM