|bicycling safety questionaire||ishmael|
May 14, 2002 8:08 PM
|when i reach a red light im most likely to
1. put one foot down and wait patiently for green
2. not notice
3.look both ways and go without stopping
4. go sometimes
it takes me forever to get ready for a ride because
1. i can never find clean shorts or socks
2. ive lost my pump, tube or lever again
3. i like to put a lot of butter on
4. my tires need exactly 120psi
when i ride i
1. always run out of water as soon as it touches my mouth
2. ration my water like a responsible rider should
3. pour most of my water over my face in a glorious display
4. secretly replace my water with beer
1. an excuse to stop and mess with the bike
2. being scared out in the woods in a possible disaster
3. so rare i dont know what to think of them
4. a bummer cause i cant get the pressure as high again
I flip the bird
2. not enough
3. not much anymore, i avoid bad roads
4. i dont flip, i make gestures indicating im very upset/sad
weaving through traffic makes me
1. queezy and gives me motion sickness
2. constantly worry about the next openning car door
3. not worried, i will tear the door off if its in my way
4. as happy as can be
when an obstacle apears ahead I
1. hop it and hope others will follow
2. scream "bump" even if alone
3. hop it and hope to lose the rest of the pack
4. run over it and grit my teeth
I view other cyclists on the road as
1. possible targets for free water and maintenance
2. always a threat in the big race of everyday
3. sorry saps who will suck my wheel
4. another smile and wave with possible later communication
1. the fastest greatest cyclist in the hood
2. an up and coming star, i just need to be buffed
3. content to cruise with the oldies
if you answered with a total score between 5 and 50 you are resonably safe but will have an unforseen accident within the next year but you will very likely live and ride again
May 14, 2002 8:21 PM
|Hmmm 26-30. If I already had my share of crashes in the past year and am alive and riding again does that mean I can go crash free for an entire year?
Thanks for the bad news,
|re: bicycling safety questionaire||mackgoo|
May 15, 2002 4:47 AM
|I slow down to a crawl look and proceed if no ones comming or cut through a prking lot etc. I'm usually ready to go in the time it takes me to fill my water bottles. 2 3 4 I don't weave through traffic, when I do have to go through town I'm always looking for the person sitting in the car parked on the side of the street because it could mean they are getting ready to get out. 1 4.
Obviously safety and feeling safe is relative. If you've been involved in an accident one may feel it's inevitable.
But yes just as the case with motorcycles if your on the road there's a chance that you may be involved in a miss hap.
|Unforseen accident for everyone...||Lowend|
May 15, 2002 4:49 AM
|According to those numbers, we all will have an accident in the next year. Maybe it will be all of us on the RBR group ride.|
|I'm planning mine today||mr_spin|
May 15, 2002 6:39 AM
|Aren't most accidents unforeseen? Isn't that why we call them accidents?|
|Uh oh, I'm toast!||look271|
May 15, 2002 6:28 AM
|Nice post Ish! How long do I have?|
|you will get it soon er from pennsylvania's freak weather||ishmael|
May 15, 2002 10:43 AM
|philly atleast is weird these days|
|re: bicycling safety questionaire||mackgoo|
May 15, 2002 8:14 AM
|Here's another one. You just finished hitting the different boards on the net now it's time for a ride. Buzz bar in hand you look out the window and it's over cast, the 100 foot maple in the back yard is heeled over at a 70 deg angle, hmm it's windy. You check the weather on the net. 49 deg and 20-30 Mph winds gusts to 45. What do you do?
1. Put the Buzz bar away and watch the Giro.
2. Eat the Buzz bar and go.
Ate and went, actually a pretty good ride. Great, going with the wind and you fly. One thing though, I was sitting up one hand on the bar the other water bottle to mouth going about 20 Mph and one of those 45 Mph gusts hit me broad side, heeled me over to about 80 degrees and pushed me to the side, actually into the road about 4 feet. Sort of scarry.
Would you do it again? Heck yah. we're all going to crash this year any way, may as well get it out of the way early.
Oh and I have this pimple...................
|None of my answers are possible choices. What does that mean?||Ken of Fresno|
May 15, 2002 9:20 AM
1. at a stoplight = trackstand
2. I ride naked with no pump or sunscreen on flat tires.
3. Not a problem becuase my tires are already flat.
4. I don't flip or gesture.
5. I don't ride in heavy traffic.
6. I ride around it.
7. Free rides (i suck their wheels)
8. A polite sunburned naked wheel sucker with decent balance on flat tires that avoids heavily traveled roads.
Hmm, maybe I am a bit odd.
|i do the goofy track stand too..it shouldve been in there nm||ishmael|
May 15, 2002 10:46 AM