|10 Posts you would have seen this year:||Me Dot Org|
Mar 28, 2002 10:01 PM
|I just decided to get them out of the way now:
1. GVH Bikes not only got me a great deal on Real Italian Steel, Gary also cured my pancreatic cancer while answering the phone on the first ring!
2. Why do people driving 2 tons of steel and glass at 70 miles an hour think they are so much tougher than I am?
3. Help! My legs feel sore after riding 200 miles in a day! What should I do?
4. There's a guy who has a new 2002 58cm Colango C-40 for $400 on Ebay. Why do you think he wants "cash only"?
5. Did anyone catch Eddy Merckx playing croquet on OLN last night?
6. Will people think I'm a poseur if I ride a bicycle?
7. I want to go watch Lance Armstrong ride in the Tour De France this year. I think it's in Europe. What country is it in?
8. I just sold my daughter's pony so I could buy a Pinarello. How do I tell little Julie that Black Beauty is now glue for Daddy's sew-ups?
9. Has anyone ever ordered from http://www.dunnojackaboutbikes.com ?
10.Im getting sick of people not using apostrophie's correctly!
|re: 10 Responses you would have seen this year:||AllUpHill|
Mar 28, 2002 11:32 PM
|1. Eh, he didn't bolt my brakes on very well, but I got a free 6 pack of Viagra with my order, so who cares.
2. That's why smart cyclists carry a can of long range Silly String for retaliation. Show them who's boss.
3. Spend $5000 on a set of aero light wheels. No leg pain and you'll increase your average speed by 0.7 mph if it's hilly, 0.8 mph if it's flat!!! John Cobb said so!
4. Wow he sure has a lot of Colnagos! Been 6 months since I paid for my 2002 58cm CT-1 but it'll come. I'm not worried.
5. ... stupid analog cable ...
6. Only if your outfit and bike are coordinated.
7. Shoot Dang, I couldn't care less. two wheels ain't exciting unless they is jumping piles of dirt or goin' 140mph down Mount Everest.
8. Tough one ... but you know you could get a ten year supply of tires for that beanie babie she keeps in the lighted glass case... 12 years if you order from sdeals.com
9. Are you kidding? I only support my LBS, "Catastrophic-Carbon-Steerer-Failure U.S.A."
10. your not the only one.
Mar 29, 2002 4:00 AM
|2) Small-penis syndrome
3) take the bus
10) lern tu spel "apostrophe"
|How about posts we'll never see........||Dave Hickey|
Mar 29, 2002 4:20 AM
|1. From a Campy user: " I tried Dura Ace and it's better than Record".
2. From Eugene: " I'm buying an SUV and joining the Republican party".
3. " I tried a Colnago C-40 but I like my Motobacane better"
|re: 10 Posts you would have seen this year:||mackgoo|
Mar 29, 2002 4:28 AM
|Gee' I' guess' we ''''know 'who'' really' r'i'd'e'''s on this board.|
|Lame posts that we will definitely endure in the near future.||Uncle Tim|
Mar 29, 2002 7:41 AM
|The clocklike precision of lame posting on this board absolutely ensures that we will endure these very lame posted subjects:
1. What is your fastest time for a century?
2. How much liquid do you drink on a ride?
3. How long have you been riding?
4. I am dropping my riding partners on hills. Should I stop and wait for them?
5. I am hurt or otherwise lacking motivation to ride, so do you mind if I just write about cycling as though it is the most important thing in the world?
6. Is Lance, really truly, free of performance enhancing drugs? And will he win the Tour de France again?
7. Since I am so strong, I am dropping my buddies when I get to the front of the paceline. Should I slow down and wait for them?
8. I got out and rode 17 miles today. Look at me!
9. This beautiful strong riding female in our club always riding with my group and, while on a ride over the weekend, she said she wanted to have my baby. Should I let her?
10. What kind of food do you take with you when you ride?
11. When I ride, I find that I sweat a lot. Is this normal?
12. I just watched a $40 tape of Tour de France highlights from 1993. Stay stoked!!!
13. I ride off the road about once a week. Is this normal?
14. I forgot already. Did I announce to the world that I have an OCR/TCR?
15. I just got a wheelset that is 40 grams lighter than my old one. Man, I can just rocket up the hills now. What a difference!
16. My LBS is selling components at prices higher than I can find them on internet vendors. Why are these ba$tards trying to steal my money?
17. I ordered the rims, hubs, and spokes for a new wheel and saved lots of money. Funny, but when I took it to my LBS to have them build it, they wanted to charge me a very high price. That's bad business!
18. I go to my club rides and, for some strange reason, I get dropped by the first mile. I have a very expensive bike and a complete team kit. Why don't they want to ride with me?
19. When I climb a hill, my legs start burning. Is this normal?
20. I am such a strong rider that my LBS gave me a free bike. Look at me!
|Perhaps you could help us out||MikeC|
Mar 29, 2002 8:18 AM
|Could you provide us with a list of non-lame topics that it would be ok to post here?
|Who pissed in your Wheaties this morning? (nm)||Dave Hickey|
Mar 29, 2002 9:03 AM
|How about those 'I have no common sense' posts?||hrv|
Mar 29, 2002 8:50 AM
1. I just developed spinal meningitis; Should I still do the 'Bust-yer-nut' stage race this weekend?
2. I've been training for 8 months straight and my resting heart rate is 39; if I take a day off will I look like Aunt Bee from Mayberry?
3. I'm an ex triathlete, ultra-marathoner, xc skier, speed skater, and I just did a 40K TT in 30 minutes. Is there any future for me in road racing?
You get the idea. It's amazing how little common sense some people have, and I'm as guilty as anybody!
|that pony ate too much anyway...||ColnagoFE|
Mar 29, 2002 9:09 AM
|Let's admit it...we all post "lame" stuff once in a while and most of the stuff you read here is crap to someone though it might be just what someone else is looking for. You never know.|
|My personal favorite||mr_spin|
Mar 29, 2002 9:15 AM
|An SUV (always an SUV) didn't see me as I was running the stop sign, so I rode fast and caught up to them at the next light. I yelled and screamed, spit on their window, sprayed them with my water bottle, scratched the car, smashed the window, urinated on their wheel, called in an air strike, etc.
Why do SUV drivers hate cyclists?
|that was my wife so I ran her over...||Slipstream|
Mar 29, 2002 9:20 AM
|only broke her leg though. To make up for it I had to buy her a gift at Tiffany's as well as a lifetime membership to the spa. |
ride hard; have fun; be save
|or maybe why do cyclists hate suvs?(nm)||ColnagoFE|
Mar 29, 2002 9:40 AM
|If you don't like the topic. Just S.T.F.Up NM.||Lowend|
Mar 29, 2002 11:06 AM
|How about if you don't like the responses. Just S.T.F.Up? NM.||grzy|
Mar 29, 2002 11:29 AM
|The Envelope, Please!`||jtolleson|
Mar 29, 2002 12:39 PM
|I nominate this for best thread so far this year.|
|Not until we hear from Woof, Spirito & Haiku nm||Slipstream|
Mar 29, 2002 12:43 PM
|What about the "enema" post?????||Alexx|
Mar 29, 2002 3:14 PM
|That one certainly caused a stir!|
|re: 10 Posts you would have seen this year:||Leisure|
Mar 30, 2002 1:24 AM
|1. Largest animal I have ever hit? Halle Berri, hands down.
2. Sometimes, I just need to fart.
3. Quit flaming, you piece of...
4. "Fat Ba$tard" wasn't a flame, it was an OBSERVATION.
5. Nobody loves me...
6. My goal this season is to reach Super Saiyan 3.
7. Beer and greenhouse gases.
8. On the downhill, this bike is a cradle, hugs turns, bombs highways and smokes off rocky curbs.
9. Halle Berri asked me if she could bear my child. Should I?
10. I'm sick of redundant posts! Here's my redundant thread complaining about it!
I could be wrong, but I actually think posting is improved from say, six months ago when I was first starting to log-on. Granted there are still some flames starting here and there, but I'm not seeing as much random slamming. "Dude, your bike is the stupidest color", "You completely missed my point, you idiot", "You're a fred if you're asking us this", etc. etc. It's not perfect by any means, but at least the people that are getting flamed are usually the ones that are looking for it.