's Forum Archives - General

Archive Home >> General(1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 )

Which Ultegra Shifters do I have?(5 posts)

Which Ultegra Shifters do I have?Jacob Gilchrist
Aug 22, 2001 8:54 AM
I want to buy a flight deck computer but I don't know which Shimano 9-speed Ultegra levers I have. Does anyone know where the part number is on them? Mine are a matte silver color. My wife has a set that are chrome. I think one might be the 6500 and the other the 6501, but I don't know which is which.

re: Which Ultegra Shifters do I have?SamDC
Aug 22, 2001 9:06 AM
The plastic caps on shifters should say "Flight Deck" right under "Ultegra" if they are flight deck compatible. Also, check on the inside of the right hood for two "bumps". Under those bumps are the buttons where you control the computer.
Where are the button nubs?Live Steam
Aug 22, 2001 9:08 AM
I think the 6500 have both button nubs on the right hood and the 6501 has one on each. Maybe some else can be more definitive :-)
Thanks!Jacob Gilchrist
Aug 22, 2001 10:30 AM

I'm pretty sure mine have two button nubs on the right hood. That's kind of a bummer because price point has a good deal on the set up for the 6501s.

Thanks!Not Quite Sure!
Aug 22, 2001 10:37 AM
I think the 6501 shifters have the computer buttons on the right shifter and the 6510 have the shifters on both left and right hoods.

Check to be sure, but I think this is right!