RoadBikeReview.com's Forum Archives - General

Archive Home >> General(1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 )

I found this gem at cars-suck.org, go there or suffer the ..(5 posts)

I found this gem at cars-suck.org, go there or suffer the ..The Pickle Matrix
Jan 30, 2002 6:56 PM
From: "Rick Aston" loyale4x4@hotmail.com
To: ms@gf.org
Subject: umm yeah....
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 12:07:15 -0400
Ahh yes cars suck, do I sense and inferiority complex. I don't mind sharing the road if you: 1. Go the speed limit (which is physically impossible most of the time) 2. obey all traffic signals and 3. travel alone or in groups smaller than twenty. But bikers never do any of these things, they travel in huge groups blocking the whole lane doing 15 MPH, They blow through stop signs, lights, and railroad crossings. I am a biker myself, but a mountain biker. I stay away from the roads where CARS ONLY belong. Remember, cars and larger, and the roads were built for them. cyclists came after, so stop wearing you little spandex clothes, and putting yourself in the way of automobiles. If your ever in Southern Maine and a Subaru pushes you off the road. That is just me saying hello.
Shallow, selfish thinkingcyclaholic
Jan 30, 2002 7:09 PM
This writer obviously doesn't know that cycling was popular BEFORE cars came into the mainstream. In fact, the first paved roads came about to serve cyclists.

Also, this guy doesn't realize that, even if you do discount the racers and receational cyclists, some people HAVE to ride their bikes to get to the workplace. Those people HAVE to have access to the roads.
re: I found this gem at cars-suck.org, go there or suffer the ..firstrax
Jan 30, 2002 7:43 PM
Cyclists have cars too. I live on the border of southern Maine. Got my eye out for a redneck in a Subaru.
why people in Maine are called maniacs (nm)Paul
Jan 31, 2002 3:55 AM
re: I found this gem at cars-suck.org, go there or suffer the ..tempeteKerouak
Jan 31, 2002 8:01 AM
Well I guess we just will have to send him some nice messages about how we understand his threats! And I thought it was a criminal offence to imply intentions like that...

Poor guy, he makes me want to find his address and pay him a visit. Make sure he never rides a bike... or drive, ever again! At least we're even on the intentions now!