RoadBikeReview.com's Forum Archives - General

Archive Home >> General(1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 )

New marketplace...again(14 posts)

New marketplace...againspookyload
Nov 20, 2001 4:52 PM
I am trying to buy a Corima seatpost from the marketplace. I have found three, and can't buy them. First of all, none of the adds reflect the "buy" button to buy it from the seller. I fault Next Tag with that. Secondly, sellers won't delist an item after it is sold, and don't respond to emails concerning the status of the product. There again, it should be removed by Next Tag if the system was working right. Why pay $3.00 for a service that isn't working? The old market was a thriving market place. This one is dead. Too bad, I used to be very active in the old Marketplace.
Yes, it sucks now. (NM)High Gear
Nov 20, 2001 5:30 PM
Yes, it sucks now. (NM)weiwentg
Nov 20, 2001 5:45 PM
NOW we don't have to pay $3 for a listing, though. we just need to pay them when we actually sell something. HOWEVER, despite emails, Nextag hasn't told me what their fees are ... seems to be some confusion over this issue. sigh.
re: New marketplace...againClimber
Nov 20, 2001 5:50 PM
I fully agree with you spooky. Although the new format looks nicer it just isn't of the same value to the user as the old format. Seems that better than 75% of the items displayed are already sold. That, in itself, prevents me from even bothering to try anymore. Don't fix it if it ain't broke!!!
totally agree.dupe
Nov 20, 2001 8:11 PM
the original market place was the reason i came to this site. i would spend 90% of my time there. now i dont even bother as its a waste of time and rarely is there anything posted of any interest.

from a site perspective i would estimate that they have lost 50% of its traffic. yes , it was slow and yes, it had left some people ripped off but the changes made to the marketplace have only resolved these issues by driving people away from trading on it.

and im still old fashioned enough that my girlfriend doesn't even know that i have a credit card yet to use the market place i have to surrender all my details. safe or unsafe id rather take my chances using my savvy to estimate who the person i am dealing with is and whether they are genuine and to be trusted.

where to go now???

ciao, ben
All we need is a concensusB2
Nov 20, 2001 10:35 PM
There are several used marketplace sites out there that have reasonable formats. The only problem is the lack of participation. How do we get everyone on the same page and come up with a concensus regarding which ONE to use? Ideas?
rec.bicycles.marketplaceDream plus
Nov 21, 2001 5:47 AM
Usenet group works best. Updated immediately. The review marketplaces are broken pure and simple. They just tease you. The daily market is pathetic. Today's has NO listings. A far cry from the old marketplace.
rec.bicycles.marketplaceweiwentg
Nov 21, 2001 9:56 AM
guys, I just found out that there are NO FEES FOR SELLING! YAY!!
see below:

If you are on one of the Consumer Review classifieds sites, then there is no transaction fee either.

Nextag Support