RoadBikeReview.com's Forum Archives - General
For "nestorl", who can't say anything nice about Levi...(8 posts)
|For "nestorl", who can't say anything nice about Levi...||DT|
Oct 2, 2001 3:41 PM
|I agree that Heras just needed to ride better. Maybe Bruyneel saw how well Levi was riding the first day in the mtns and saw how bad Heras sucked and told Levi to go for it from that point on. Maybe he told Heras to then ride for Levi. Maybe, just maybe, Heras will be riding for Levi next year, and Levi will actually win instead of being limited to third because he was trying to help someone else.|
|OK OK Give it up people I already Agreed with you...||nestorl|
Oct 2, 2001 4:35 PM
|I ADMIT I WAS WRONG. LEVI IS GREAT AND WAS ONLY FOLLOWING ORDERS... I have now read the diary!!!! I admit I was wrong....My opinion...
1. I admit I was harsh on Levi before knowing that he was given a green light.
2. I admit that Levi was following orders.. 'go for it'
3. I agree that for the USPS performance druing la vuelta, Th management did a great job and placed 3 riders on the top 10.
4. I continue to feel that Heras is right in feeling abandoned by management.
5. I continue to feel that is this becomes a trend (changing team leaders during multi stage races) we may make USPS into a Festina... a top team that never wins any tours (yeah, yeah they won la vuelta but that was the first in the history of the team).
6. I do admit that sometimes it is needed to change leaders during a tour (like Telecom during the 97 tdf). BUt they are exeptions and the decision should be total...Make the full official change. If they felt that Levi was the real team leader, then have Heras work for him. maybe Levi would have won the entire race if he had been named team captain after the first week.
7. YOU ARE ALL RIGHT!!!! I was harsh on Levi.. and my frustration was misplaced. It all began with trying to explain why Heras had a good reason to feel mad. Heras was great during the tdf and I hope we do not lose him after this.
YES YES YOU ARE ALL RIGHT... stop the flaming...I just want to learn how to ride rollers.... give me some advise so that I stop writing stupid posts and spend my time breaking my teeth while falling off the rollers...
|Let's not be to harsh on nestorl||I Love Shimano|
Oct 2, 2001 5:31 PM
|All he did was make some opinions without knowing all the facts first. We've all done it before haven't we?|
|Levi wasn't third because he was riding for someone else, IMO||Elefantino|
Oct 2, 2001 5:57 PM
|I don't recall him working for Heras at any point in the Vuelta. Am I wrong?|
|Levi wasn't third because he was riding for someone else, IMO||Birddog|
Oct 2, 2001 6:57 PM
|Levi helped Heras over at least one of the tougher climbs.|
|Road with, not helped. Don't recall him leading out at all. (nm)||Elefantino|
Oct 2, 2001 7:30 PM
|Nestor did you go to New Trier High School? N/M||53x12|
Oct 3, 2001 5:55 AM
|Nope. But I am not sure if that was a real Q?nm||nestorl|
Oct 3, 2001 6:18 AM