|Escapist Fantasy Scenario!||Me Dot Org|
Sep 13, 2001 8:02 PM
|Here's the scenario:
You've just won a lottery that puts your net worth comfortably to the left of 8 figures. After you've bought the new house, which has a three car garage and parking for as many bikes as you'd wish, your significant other puts down their newly Gucci-shod foot and issues an ultimatum: you are hereby limited to only 10 bicycles.
Okay, what do you get?
I'm sure some of the more experienced cyclists will come up with much more esoteric lists, but here goes:
1. Seven Odonata Titanium: http://www.sevencycles.com/Frames.html
My current fantasy favorite
2. Calfee Luna Pro: http://www.calfeedesign.com/luna.shtml
3. Colnago C40: http://www.colnago.com/indexE.html
4. Columbine custom: http://www.columbinecycle.com/
Some of the prettiest lugwork and details you'll ever see:
5. A Landshark: http://www.landsharkbicycles.com/
...to ride at the Burning Man Festival
6. Merckx (SC) http://www.cbike.com/merckx_teamsc_domo.htm
For hills and going fast on smooth pavement:
7. Waterford RSE 22: http://www.waterfordbikes.com/pframe.htm
For Centuries and long rides
8. a Richard Sachs: http://www.richardsachs.com/
For the master custom frame built by one man.
9. The Rivendell Atlantis: http://www.rivendellbicycles.com/general/atlantis.html
When you see one of this in person, you'll understand:
10. Faliero Masi Bicycle: http://www.classicrendezvous.com/Italy/Masimain.html
To my way of thinking (and I know others will disagree) the Holy Grail of Italian Bicycles was built by Masi himself:
Okay, let's see your list!
|re: Escapist Fantasy Scenario!||peloton|
Sep 13, 2001 8:19 PM
|Wow, that would be cool
-A Schwinn Stingray
-Yeti Straight 8 DH bike
-Pinarello Prince with full Record carbon and a Bora wheelset
-Cervelo P-3 customized to my whims of the moment
-Turner Burner MTB with XTR
-Old school Ritchey P-23 single speed set-up
-One bike that was riden to a victory in a stage in the Tour (priceless) Ideally, a Cannondale run to a win by Cipo, or an old Bianchi won on by Fauto
-Sach custom road bike- I would have to talk to the man to know what it would be
-2000 Schwinn Paramount Ti- the last of the great American road bikes
-I would keep one spot open just in case I saw something I had to have
|Cannondale R4000si from Costco!!!||Allen az|
Sep 13, 2001 8:50 PM
|Just kidding about the Cannondale.
I can't think of 10, just a few...
1. Colnago C-40 w/Record
2. LOOK KG381i w/Record (the one I'm after now)
3. Lance's '01 TDF bike. (That thing weighs 14.5 lbs!!!)
4. Trek 5900 Superlight w/Dura-Ace (rainy-day bike)
5. Either a Waterford or a Columbine (something steel & georgeous with down-tube shifters).
|re: Escapist Fantasy Scenario!||Elefantino|
Sep 13, 2001 9:27 PM
|1) I'd buy my wife a Trek 2200 WSD because she wants one. |
2) The rest I'd donate to the LAF (http://www.laf.org) because they do good work.
I'll get off my soapbox now.
P.S. OK, I would save some. I would REALLY like to find a Vitalicio Seguros jersey in Size 5. They are really hard to find!
|Have you tried bikejerseys.com yet?? (nm)||RhodyRider|
Sep 14, 2001 5:34 AM
|Yep. No go. And Bulltek doesn't have my size. Oh well. (nm)||Elefantino|
Sep 14, 2001 2:58 PM
|re: Escapist Fantasy Scenario!||Stampertje|
Sep 14, 2001 1:26 AM
|Oh, I like this. But why 10 road bikes? |
1) Custom steel road bike. It would have to be a local builder, which limits me to RIH. Lugged, oversized 853.
2) Custom lightweight climbing bike - perhaps a Principia Rex Pro
3) Cyclocross bike - Steelman?
4) Long-distance touring bike. A Moulton would be nice.
5) A recumbent!
6) A full-rigid singlespeed mountain bike - Matt Chester
7) A TT bike - Cervelo, perhaps?
8) A full-sus mountain bike. I prefer XC and I hear the Giants are really nice
9) Thorn custom touring tandem
10) A racing tandem
|re: Escapist Fantasy Scenario!||cioccman|
Sep 14, 2001 9:20 AM
|Calfee Tetra Pro
Klein Quantum Pro
Nevi Susten Mega
Serotta Legend Ti
Sep 15, 2001 7:26 PM
|Why not dream?
1. Seven Axiom ti w/record, custom paint, 15lb
2. Cervelo P3 TT
3. Steelman cross bike for a bit of dirt, road, exploration, and commute
4. A Richard Sachs
5. A custom spec disk/tubeless Specialized FSR w/SID race
6. Rocky Mountain Scandium hardtail, full on race spec
7. Rocky Mountain RM7
8. Custom Spec Specialized Enduro
9. Dekerf Implant for urban, jump, etc
1. Intense M1