's Forum Archives - General

Archive Home >> General(1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 )

What do you call the following...(3 posts)

What do you call the following...Delia
May 2, 2001 11:00 AM
If you have a 'presto' valve I think it's called and need an adapter so that you can use an american air pump on it, what's that adapter called? I got one on Friday but they just handed it to me and didn't mention it's name.
it's a...nuke
May 2, 2001 11:29 AM
First...the valve you're speaking of is a "presta" valve. They are common in Europe and common on mid to higher end cycles here in the US.

The adapter doesn't really have one name per se...but if you said "presta valve adapter" then 98% of bike people would know what you're speaking of...

By the way...if you get an air pump that has a presta valve head or a dual head (that means it will have both presta and schrader heads) then you won't use an adapter. But I'd carry the adapter with you in your on-bike tool kit in case you need to use it.
re: What do you call the following...Thioderek
May 2, 2001 11:31 AM
Exactly that:

an adapter for Presta to Schrader or v/v. There are brand names, but it is literally just adapter.