RoadBikeReview.com's Forum Archives - General

Archive Home >> General(1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 )

They're laughing at us...(8 posts)

They're laughing at us...david
Mar 25, 2001 7:00 AM
look at this post from cyclingforum:

Date: March 24, 2001 01:43 PM
Author: jimbob
Subject: roadbikereview.com

full of freds and just plain erroneous info- good for a laugh
People who are over the age of 65 tend to laugh alot. Ignore'm.no sti
Mar 25, 2001 11:30 AM
Laughing gas??cyclopathic
Mar 25, 2001 2:37 PM
oh man how do they distribute it over grid? ;-)
cyclingforum is way too serious. They are just jealous of..Bruno S
Mar 25, 2001 1:59 PM
the new message boards :-)
Egregious extrapolationKerry Irons
Mar 25, 2001 4:00 PM
So, one person makes one comment and now "everyone" there is laughing at this board? Some of us post in both places, so relax a little. There are some pretty bogus statements made here on a regular basis, so there certainly is some element of truth in the "just plain erroneous" comment, but what is your real purpose in posting this? Petty rivalry? Jealousy? Spite? Thin skin?
Exactly.Jesse Smith
Mar 26, 2001 9:51 AM
One person, jimbob, said negative things about this forum. Nobody else did. About the only time I've seen any posts from him have been when he chimes in to pull a cheap shot at this forum. Don't take him seriously.
That's interesting.shmoo
Mar 26, 2001 12:11 PM
Just for grins and giggles I did a search for "jimbob" on the Roadbike Review website. There were severl hits on "jimbob", "JimBob", and "JIMBOB". All the same guy?? Can't tell, but I wonder if he posts here just to enlighten us or because he happens to be a "fred" too. FYI "JIMBOB" (all caps) is the guy who posted that he had never done a century not too long ago. Again, I don't know if it's the same guy, but if it is, you have to wonder about his credentials.
Postscript.shmoo
Mar 26, 2001 8:41 PM
I also did a search on "jimbob" in cyclingforum. Unless he's also posting under another name, that was his one and only post there within the last 90 days. Quite the contributor, wouldn't you say? Don't ya just love trolls?