's Forum Archives - Fixed Gear

Archive Home >> Fixed Gear

Has anyone ordered from Bike Works NYC?(6 posts)

Has anyone ordered from Bike Works NYC?scary slow
Sep 26, 2003 8:28 AM
If you have was it a good experience?

I am looking at some parts for my fixied gear conversion and they seem to have a reasonable price on wheels.
Sep 26, 2003 10:10 AM
I live about a 15 minute walk away from their shop. I was actually just at the shop because my single-speed Fuji (and I) were just hit by a car and the frame and fork are bent. I dropped it off hoping that they will work some magic on it for me.

Dave Perry the owner is a great guy and a cult legacy when it comes to the fixie scene in NYC. He even supports the local velodrome. Search by my name "ss-nyc" or "Bikeworks" and you will find a few posts in which I have mentioned his shop and the bikes he has built for me.

If you do get something from them tell Dave the guy with the Neon Green Fuji single-speed said how great he was on this board. Maybe he will hook you up with a great price and help me out on the broken Fuji!

They are just great!

Hope this helps.
Is it a late 80's Club Fuji by chance?scary slow
Sep 26, 2003 10:31 AM
If so that is the bike that I am converting to a fixed gear. I have since had the frame powder coated in a sky blue. It was the first road bike I have ever owned and the only bike I have held onto for more than a couple of years. Do you have a picture you can post?
Sep 26, 2003 10:46 AM
It was a hybrid type bike from the mid-80s built for 27" wheels with original paint. I am feeling a bit beat up now and the bike is at the shop. You could probably call and ask Dave to send you a pic otherwise I can post something next week.

Honestly, I have only had the bike a few weeks which is why this sucks. It is a really loud neon green and a found a chrome fork that was the right size. It is dead now
ss-nyc...the important part... are you all right? NMgspot
Sep 26, 2003 11:40 AM
Yes, I am in one
Sep 26, 2003 12:07 PM
I am lucky enough to be an EMT so I waited a few minutes at the scene until I calmed down and could check myself over. It was near the United Nations so I was lucky to have police that witnessed everything and EMTs and Paramedics only a few blocks away if needed. I also have an older brother that is an Emergency Room doctor so he stopped by as well to check up on me.

It has been 3 hours and no bruising so far so I consider myself very lucky. A few scratches now and probably some sore muscles in the morning but otherwise I am fine.

Thanks for asking!