RoadBikeReview.com's Forum Archives - Cyclo-Cross

Archive Home >> Cyclo-Cross(1 2 3 )

Cyclocross Bike Defined(4 posts)

Cyclocross Bike Definedtriangleforge
Jul 24, 2003 11:25 AM
Funny exchange that just took place on the local racing listserve over a "Cyclocross Bike for Sale" posting. Names & emails are removed to protect the indolent:

From: Somebody
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2003 12:51 PM
To: uscf-district20@topica.com
Subject: RE: D20: FOR SALE: Redline cyclo-cross bike

Details:

A cyclocross bike is kind of like a road bike except it has different brakes and tires. You buy one with your new credit card, enter one cross race, realize that cross racing kind of sucks and you should be spending the off season drinking anyway, vow to stick with road racing and put the bike into your basement. You get it out to ride it to the store or to a bar a couple of times, then your wife gets on you for having too many bikes so you wind up trying to sell it online for a fraction of what you paid for it.

I hope that helps.

somebody @hotmail.com wrote:

> I am very interested. Please send more details.
>
> Somebody else wrote:
> > For Sale
> >
> > Redline cyclo-cross bike, new tires, new top mounted SRP brake
levers,
> > Ultegra & 105 8sp, and a extra set of wheels for the pit.
> >
> > Size: 52, Redline frames seem to run large. My road frame is a
56cm.

> > Price: $500
re: Cyclocross Bike Definedhappycx
Jul 24, 2003 1:13 PM
Yeah, And?

Kidding. :)
you're supposed to race em?mt_biker
Jul 24, 2003 1:29 PM
I thought they were just so you could look cool riding a road bike off road.
Art or Clothes Rack like any exercise machine.NM.buffalosorrow
Jul 25, 2003 1:59 PM