Dec 8, 2002 9:50 AM
|Riding and Racing in the snow...
Any advice? And I don't want to hear: switch to your mountain bike.
|Fun and Tricky||peter in NVA|
Dec 8, 2002 10:59 AM
|My experience riding in Northern Virginia where the snow is wet and using Ritchey 32 cross tires:
1. Hardpacked or new snow - easy and fun, like any
slick track such as mud.
2. Choppy ice from footprints - throws the bike side to side.
3. Hardpacked melting snow with water film - very dangerous.
4. Glare ice...everyone tries it once!
5. Watch for canti's icing up.
6. Even my Speedplay Frogs have iced up.
Its nice, quiet and beautiful in the woods.