's Forum Archives - Components

Archive Home >> Components(1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 )

Clamp-on mounts for downtube shifters?(3 posts)

Clamp-on mounts for downtube shifters?cmh
Jan 1, 2004 3:25 PM
Does anyone know if there exist clamp-on mounts for downtube shifters? Obviously for bikes which don't have conventional braze-on shifters, like bikes with cable stops. (STI or bar ends)

Really old bikes used to use clamp on shifters, but that's before braze-ons, and those are old friction style shifters.

re: Clamp-on mounts for downtube shifters?Rusty Coggs
Jan 1, 2004 4:46 PM had some that worked with shifters like shimano or campy index that mounted to a standard braze on. Clamp only worked with standard size steel downtube I believe. Alot of old clamp on friction stuff around and easier to find,but again primarily for standard downtube diameter.
Good luck!Spoke Wrench
Jan 4, 2004 8:25 AM
I think that I threw out all of my old clamp-on stuff. That usually doesn't happen until it is really, really obsolete.