's Forum Archives - Components

Archive Home >> Components(1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 )

clamp on down tube shifter mounts?(4 posts)

clamp on down tube shifter mounts?LC
Nov 2, 2003 3:26 PM
Got an old steel frame without braze on mounts. Where can I find some that will fit modern Dura Ace down tube shifters?
re: clamp on down tube shifter mounts?Rusty Coggs
Nov 2, 2003 4:49 PM
Easier to find clamp on cable stops and use barends.There are lots of clamp on shifters out there on old bikes and in junk boxes. Very few of them will actually take index shifters like shimanos due to lack of a proper braze on type mount.
This will workAndy M-S
Nov 3, 2003 9:31 AM
Shimano has just the ticket for you...and Lickton's stocks it!
Nov 3, 2003 1:48 PM
I figured there had to be a way to do it.