's Forum Archives - Components

Archive Home >> Components(1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 )

Aerobar shifter question.(4 posts)

Aerobar shifter question.cydswipe
Jul 8, 2003 4:43 PM
I am using the Profile Airstrykes. I am considering switching my handlebars out for the cowhorn style. I would like to continue using the Airsrykes. Is there a mount for shifters made for these bars? I looked at the front plug. Is that for cable routing?
re: Aerobar shifter question.Drupa
Jul 9, 2003 5:16 AM
Do a search for Profile Swiftshift.

It is a mounting bracket and cables - you supply the "downtube" style shifters which attach to the bracket at the wide part of the airstryke. Cables do NOT route through bar...
re: Aerobar shifter question.brider
Jul 9, 2003 1:28 PM
You can, however, tape the cables to the horizontal part of the bar.
re: Aerobar shifter question.xcmntgeek
Jul 9, 2003 1:34 PM
A lot of people disagree with me, but I just run my STI levers on the end of my cowhorn bars. I found that the majority of the time I want to shift is when I'm on the cowhorns anyway.