's Forum Archives - Components

Archive Home >> Components(1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 )

Difference between Campy downtube adjusters(7 posts)

Difference between Campy downtube adjusterskilimanjaro
Mar 28, 2003 10:37 AM
Branford lists curved backs and straight backs. What are the differences?

re: Difference between Campy downtube adjusterswackycyd
Mar 28, 2003 10:46 AM
curved are easier to locate over straights, although you'll/you'd get used to/familiar with either in the long run.
Re: curved are easier to locate over straights?kilimanjaro
Mar 28, 2003 12:39 PM
I don't quite follow. What do you mean by locate? Does that mean curved or straight will both fit any DT boss?

As far as I know...Nater
Mar 28, 2003 1:25 PM
Carlos, the curved or straight has to do with the surface of the stop that will but up against the side of the down tube. The curved model is for smaller-diameter steel tubing and the straight is for the larger diameter aluminum tubing that will have a flatter profile on the side of the down tube. Maybe there is a better explanation??
Re: As far as I know...kilimanjaro
Mar 28, 2003 4:10 PM
That sounds reasonable. Thanks Nater.
As far as I know...kilimanjaro
Mar 28, 2003 4:17 PM
That sounds reasonable.
Re: Apol's read you're posting wrongwackycyd
Mar 29, 2003 3:14 AM
Sorry, well, no I'm not really cause I never say sorry, unless I really, really need to, shizza happens, I is only human, I read you're posting wrong, I thought you were on about gear levers rather than the down tube STI/Ergo gear cable adjusters.

Anyway, straight backs are normally used on alloy and composite frame, whereas curved back adjusters are used on steel frames.

Oakey cokey!