's Forum Archives - Components

Archive Home >> Components(1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 )

Little frame protector cable thingies???(7 posts)

Little frame protector cable thingies???Quack
Aug 29, 2002 5:50 AM
Does anyone know where to find the rubber frame protector things that the cables go through and protect the downtube and top tube from cable slap?

Little Frame Protector Cable Thingies=DONUTS!!...lolLigon
Aug 29, 2002 6:02 AM

Any bike shop that orders out of QBP can get them for you. You can also get them at

Hope this helps,

Thanks!!! (nm)Quack
Aug 29, 2002 6:27 AM
l'il chocolate donuts!(nm)rufus
Aug 29, 2002 1:18 PM
Just got someEager Beagle
Aug 29, 2002 6:57 AM
for my new bike - went to LBS and said "got any?" and they gave me a handful of about 50!

Tip - if you get the ones that you have to slide on from the end of the cable - to save you the bother of undoing it all, get a very sharp knife and cut a slot at an angle from the edge to the centre, from the side (edge) in. That way, you can slide the cable into them on an angle, and they don't fall off.
They are called CABLE SILENCERS. nmJuanmoretime
Aug 30, 2002 12:32 PM
They are called CABLE SILENCERS. nmurwhaturide
Aug 30, 2002 2:49 PM
..... or you can buy small o-rings at any good hardware store and roll them on. Use different sizes for the brake and the SIS casing.