|how difficult to change Zipp freehub Campy/Shimano?||DougSloan|
Aug 6, 2002 9:27 AM
|Supposedly the Zipp freehub is interchangeable from Campy to Shimano. Anyone ever done this? Since I have both systems, it would be handy. Thanks.
Aug 6, 2002 11:10 AM
|Assuming you have the 2001 Edco hubs or the 2002 Zipp hubs you'll need a 6mm hex and a 17mm wrench.
1. Remove the QR skewer and cassette.
2. Insert 6mm into non-drive side axle.
3. Use 17mm wrench to remove freehub retaining nut.
4. Swap freehubs (come out as one piece).
5. Tighten freehub nut fairly tight (like cassette).
Aug 7, 2002 5:48 AM
|I have both types of hubs (Campy 2001 303 tubular; Shimano 2002 disc; Campy 2002 303 carbon clincher); I'll have to check to see if they are interchangeable; thanks
|re: how difficult to change Zipp freehub Campy/Shimano?||clintb|
Aug 7, 2002 8:24 AM
|88 inch pounds is spec for the freehub body nut. Way under what the cassette needs 40nm or 29.5 ft-lbs.|| |