|sti upgrade question||blownpupil|
Jul 29, 2002 5:02 PM
|Q: I use barcons on my cx bike with an 8 speed sora group, and have cantilever brakes. I'd like better shifting performance, but don't feel a great need for 9 speed cluster. Can I:
1. upgrade to ultegra rear der. and keep everything else as is?
2. upgrade to ultegra STI levers, ultegra rear der. and keep everything else as is?
3. upgrade to ultegra STI levers, keep sora rear der. (which isn't all that bad)?
4. Any problem with ultegra STI levers and Avid cantilever brakes (currently have Dia Comp levers)
5. Or just do full upgrade: STI + 9sp cluster + new chain + derail. and spend beaucoup bucks in the process?