's Forum Archives - Components

Archive Home >> Components(1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 )

Quill seatpost?(8 posts)

Quill seatpost?guyintense
Jul 24, 2002 9:56 AM
I'm looking for a quill seatpost for the Schwinn 564 I just bought. Any ideas?
What's a quill seatpost?cory
Jul 24, 2002 2:49 PM
I've never heard the term.
american classicslow-ron
Jul 25, 2002 4:50 AM
American classic has a seat post that adjusts to expand in the seat tube. I'm unsure, however, if they still make them so you may need to find a NOS part.

It's actually a really nice post.
american classicguyintense
Jul 25, 2002 6:02 AM
Suntour used to make one too. I was looking for someone who might still have the NOS part. The man who sold me the frame told me there were thousands made and I shouldn't have any trouble finding one.Wrong!
do a search at ebay? nmDougSloan
Jul 25, 2002 6:39 AM
american classicslow-ron
Jul 25, 2002 3:53 PM
I've got one with only a few hundred miles if you want it. I took the expansion thingy off and used it as a regular post on one of my bikes. It's a 27.2. If that works you can either but me a new comparable post or we can work out some other swap.

E-mail me at
re: Quill seatpost?Duke249
Jul 26, 2002 10:16 AM
Moser bicycles have used quill seatposts for a number of years and I believe that the importer can get a number of different styles quite easily.
re: Quill seatpost?guyintense
Jul 26, 2002 11:49 AM
Red rose does carry the quill seatpost,quite a selection too.Thanks for the help.